WARSAW — A GoFundMe account has been set up for a Warsaw family who needs help starting over after a devastating house fire May 14.
The fire, on Hepler Drive, is believed to have been caused by a fire pit located near the patio.
Four people were home when the fire occurred May 13 and managed to escape, but a puppy inside did not survive.
Jessica Turner Villa was renting the home and did not have renter’s insurance.
She and her three children, Elijah, 13, Gracelyn, 10, and Emma, 8, lost everything in the fire. To make matters worse, Villa broke her foot while running in and out of the house during the fire as she attempted to get her children and pets out safely. The broken foot required surgery and Villa was unable to return to the home for several days to see if anything could be salvaged.
Unfortunately, by the time Villa was able to get there, someone had already rummaged through the house and taken everything of value, including jewelry and Elijah’s newly-constructed dirt bike … one he never even got a chance to ride.
Villa is currently unable to work due to the injury.
The family is in need of beds, household items and clothing in the following sizes: men’s size 32 shorts, M/L shirts and size 9 shoes for Elijah; size 7/8 and 10/12 clothing for Gracelyn and Emma; and size 16/18 clothing and size 6 1/2 shoes for Jessica. Food and items for the 4-month-old puppy that was able to be saved would also be appreciated.
Donations may be dropped off at 1816 Rosemont Ave., Warsaw.