Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:33 p.m. Sunday, May 30, Winona Avenue, Winona Lake. Driver: David B. Sumpter, 38, Country Club Road, Warsaw. Sumpter was in the drive-thru lane at Dairy Queen when the driver of the vehicle behind him tried to drive around his vehicle in the one lane drive-thru. The side mirror of the other vehicle scratched the length of Sumpter’s vehicle. The other driver left the scene. Damage up to $750.
- 9:03 p.m. Friday, May 28, SR 15 and West CR 300S, Warsaw. Drivers: Casey C. Ward, 17, Acorn Drive, Warsaw; and Bailey E. Stutzman, 17, West CR 800S, Claypool. The vehicles collided at the intersection when Ward pulled into the path of Stutzman’s vehicle. Ward complained of neck pain and was taken to Parkview Hospital. Stutzman complained of lower back pain and was taken to Parkview Hospital by her parents. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:39 p.m. Thursday, May 27, Old Road 30, east of SR 13, Pierceton. Drivers: Han N. Nguyen, 36, Superior Avenue, Warsaw; and Teressa D. Johnson, 66, West CR 250S, Warsaw. According to witnesses, Nguyen’s vehicle passed their vehicles at a high rate of speed on Old 30, then went through the intersection of Old 30 and SR 13, striking Johnson’s vehicle head-on. Nguyen’s vehicle caught on fire. Nguyen was pronounced dead at the scene. Johnson and her passenger, Amanda Johnson, 43, of Warsaw, were also pronounced dead at the scene. Damage over $100,000.
- 9:39 a.m. Thursday, May 27, Fisher Avenue and Dogwood Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Jeremy W. Boxell, 36, Old Road 30, Warsaw; and Megan L. Zorn, 31, Dogwood Drive, Warsaw. Boxell’s vehicle rear-ended Zorn’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:01 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, Main Street, east of Fort Wayne Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Silvia N. Verduzco, 38, P.O. Box 2005, Warsaw; and Robert O. Wilcox, 69, North Bobber Lane, Warsaw. Verduzco was backing her vehicle from a driveway when she hit Wilcox’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.