SYRACUSE — The Indiana Department of Health will have a COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Syracuse Community Center from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 2, through Saturday, June 5.
The community center is at 1013 N. Long Drive, Syracuse.
Walk-ins are welcome. To save time and make an appointment, it’s easy to get one. Appointments can be scheduled online anytime at ourshot.in.gov on a computer or smartphone (use Chrome or Firefox as a browser.) Enter the registration page and search by the 46567 zip code. If you do not have a computer or smartphone, ask a family or friend to help. Or, call 211 and a representative will schedule an appointment for you from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST daily.
Here are some facts you should know:
- The vaccine is available at no cost, but please submit insurance information if you have it because clinics can charge an administration fee to your insurance.
- If you live with another person who is also eligible to receive the vaccine, schedule two separate appointments.
- Individuals ages 12-17 must receive the Pfizer vaccine. An adult must accompany children age 12-15 to the vaccine appointment. If the adult present is not the parent or guardian, consent must be submitted in advance. For anyone age 16-17 it’s preferred that a parent or guardian accompany the minor to the vaccination site. We understand this may not always be possible. In those cases, the parent or guardian can provide verbal or written authorization.
- If you are 18 or older, you may choose to receive either the single-dose Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) or Pfizer vaccine, which requires a second dose to be fully protected. This will be scheduled at the time of your first dose.
- IU Health offers free rides to any vaccine site in the state. If you need transportation to a vaccine appointment anywhere in the state, call 1 (888) IUHEALTH, or 1 (888) 484-3258 and choose option 9.
- Patients with an appointment at a state-hosted public vaccination site can get a free Uber ride. Call 211 or (866) 211-9966 to receive a voucher to cover the cost of an Uber ride to and from vaccination appointments.