Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:56 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, East Old Road 30 west of South Brallier Road, Pierceton. Driver: Connor D. Helser, 33, North Brown Road, Columbia City. Helser was traveling westbound on East Old Road 30, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:51 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, East US 30 east of South CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Anderson D. Keener, 29, East State Boulevard, Fort Wayne. Keener was traveling westbound on US 30 east of CR 900E, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:58 p.m. Monday, May 31, East Pierceton Road and South CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Timothy L. Jarrell, 55, South Lake Sharon Road, Warsaw. Jarrell was traveling westbound on Pierceton Road at CR 400E, Warsaw, when he said a deer entered the roadway. He attempted to avoid hitting the deer and went off the roadway to the right and laid his motorcycle down, injuring himself. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:36 a.m. Monday, May 31, North SR 13 north of North CR 650E, Syracuse. Driver: Deanna L. Moore, 41, East Mountain Quail Court, Columbia City. Moore was traveling northbound on SR 13, Syracuse, when a deer entered the roadway and collided with her vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:47 p.m. Sunday, May 30, North SR 13 north of East Old Road 30, Pierceton. Driver: Todd Helfers, 57, Brookridge Drive, Frankfort, Ill. Helfers was traveling southbound on SR 13 just south of CR 150N, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:11 p.m. Sunday, May 30, West CR 100S west of South SR 19, Bourbon. Driver: Janet K. Miller, 74, EMS C28A Lane, Warsaw. Miller was traveling eastbound on 18th Road. Just after passing over a bridge and prior to reaching Apple Road, her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:58 p.m. Saturday, May 29, North CR 700E south of B51 Lane, Leesburg. Drivers: Larry D. Lindstrom, 56, South East Street, North Webster, and Matthew R. Beer, 46, North CR 300E, Syracuse. Lindstrom was traveling southbound on East CR 700E, Leesburg. As he was making the corner, he thought he was in his lane still, but couldn’t see due to the oncoming vehicle’s lights. He took the turn too wide and hit Beer’s vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:54 p.m. Friday, May 28, East CR 175N west of North 175E, Warsaw. Driver: Rodolfo Silva, 55, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Silva was traveling westbound on CR 175N, Warsaw, when his vehicle ran off the road and struck a mailbox and an REMC utility pole. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:06 p.m. Friday, May 28, North SR 19 south of West CR 250N, Etna Green. Driver: Sierra N. Jones, 22, 19th Road, Bourbon. Jones was traveling southbound on SR 19 south of CR 250N, Etna Green. Her vehicle left the west side of SR 19, struck a mailbox post, traveled across SR 19, left the east side of the roadway and stopped in a ditch. She said she was fatigued at the time of the accident. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 1:01 p.m. Friday, May 28, South SR 25 west of CR 250S, Warsaw. Drivers: Roger E. White, 59, West Bass Drive, Claypool, and Skylar J. Hale, 17, Lakeview Park Drive, Warsaw. White’s and Hale’s vehicles were both southbound on SR 25. White said that Hale’s vehicle came up on backed up traffic and had to quickly stop. White said he tried stopping his vehicle, but was unable to stop and hit Hale’s vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 12:40 p.m. Friday, May 28, South SR 25 south of West CR 250S, Warsaw. Driver: Anthony J. Merrill, 38, Pontiac Street, Rochester. Merrill was traveling southbound on SR 25 when a tree fell in front of his vehicle. His vehicle hit the tree. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:12 p.m. Saturday, May 29, 300 block of West Section Street east of North SR 15, Milford. Driver: Ashlee R. Smith, 27, South Hickory Street, Warsaw. Smith’s vehicle hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 11:52 a.m. Saturday, May 29, South Main Street and East Fourth Street, Milford. Driver: Emil E. Emmons, 88, South West Street, Milford. Emmons was traveling northbound on Main Street, Milford, when his vehicle hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:55 p.m. Monday, May 31, US 30 and CR 150W, Warsaw. Drivers: Christopher J. Heet, 26, Gosnell Drive, Vienna, Va., and Thomas J. Kamphaus, 37, Ottawa Road, Columbus Grove, Ohio. Heet said he was traveling eastbound on US 30 and stopped at a red light at the intersection of CR 150W in the right lane. The light turned green, but traffic was backed up, so he couldn’t continue eastbound. Kamphaus continued eastbound on US 30 in the right lane and didn’t see that Heet’s vehicle was still stopped until his vehicle hit Heet’s. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 5:07 p.m. Sunday, May 30, 2211 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: Maria E. Nino, 48, East US 30, Pierceton. Nino’s vehicle hit another vehicle in the Kroger parking lot. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 1:22 p.m. Sunday, May 30, Ranch Road and South SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Mirta M. Velez, 66, Ponce, Puerto Rico, and Susan P. Crouse, 68, EMS C30 Lane, Warsaw. Velez was traveling northbound on Ranch Road, Warsaw, and her vehicle hit the back of Crouse’s. Velez received abrasions on her right arm from the airbag deploying. She said she would seek medical attention for it later if needed. A child in her vehicle said the left side of her shoulder/neck area hurt and had a small red mark on her neck left from the seatbelt. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 11:24 a.m. Sunday, May 30, 1150 Husky Trail, Warsaw. Drivers: Jennifer P. Pequignot, 51, North Lincoln Park, Warsaw, and Robert A. Burress, 77, EMS B42 Lane, Leesburg. Pequignot said she was traveling eastbound in the parking lot near the entrance of Martin’s Supermarket. She said Burress was also traveling eastbound in the parking lot in front of her vehicle. She said his vehicle stopped to let someone out of the vehicle near the deli entrance. She said she pulled alongside his vehicle to let her daughter out. After her daughter left the vehicle, she turned her vehicle right down an aisle in the parking lot. As she turned in front of the Burress’ vehicle, it started to pull forward. Their vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:33 p.m. Saturday, May 29, North Park Avenue north of Ross Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel A. Walters, 37, East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw, and Madison G. Ragan, 20, East Clark Street, Warsaw. Walters said he was traveling northbound on North Park Avenue, Warsaw. He approached the intersection of North Park Avenue/ Ross Avenue behind Ragan’s vehicle. He said Ragan stopped at the stop sign at North Park Avenue and slowly started to go forward and then stopped again. He said he didn’t pay attention to her stopping again and his vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:28 p.m. Saturday, May 29, East US 30 and Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Stacy M. Huffer, 50, East Baker Street, Warsaw, and Logan D. Peconga, 16, East CR 700S, Claypool. Huffer was traveling eastbound on East US 30 near the Commerce Drive intersection, Warsaw. She said she stopped behind Peconga’s vehicle because the traffic light was red. She said she was watching the light and not Peconga’s vehicle. She started driving when the light turned green, but Peconga’s vehicle wasn’t moving. His vehicle had died. Her vehicle hit his. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 2 p.m. Saturday, May 29, South Buffalo Street south of East Prairie Street, Warsaw. Driver: Creigh O. Graham, 28, South Buffalo Street, Warsaw. A 10-year-old boy ran across South Buffalo Street just south of East Prairie Street going westbound. Graham was traveling northbound and slowed when she saw the boy run in front of her vehicle. Her vehicle made contact with him. He had some redness to his left arm and some soreness to his left ankle. He was checked out on scene, and a family member refused further medical treatment. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:35 p.m. Friday, May 28, East US 30 east of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Tylene R. Wadkins, 22, Clinic Court, Warsaw, and Maribeth Cloud, 53, Washington Boulevard, Indianapolis. Wadkins said she was traveling westbound on East US 30 between East Center Street and North Parker Street, Warsaw. She said she looked down for a few seconds and when she looked up, Cloud’s vehicle was stopped in traffic in front of her. Her vehicle hit Cloud’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:23 p.m. Friday, May 28, East Old Road 30 and Kosciusko Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Triston M. Reiff, 32, North CR 650E, Warsaw, and Jeanine K. Kinsey, 65, Bartol Drive, Warsaw. Reiff said his vehicle was pulling a trailer and was stopped, facing eastbound at the stop sign at the intersection of Kosciusko Drive and East Old Road 30, Warsaw. He said there was traffic stopped on East Old Road 30 due to a red light at the intersection of East Old Road 30 and East US 30. He said the intersection of East Old Road 30 and Kosciusko Drive was left open. A driver in a silver car waved him out. He said he began turning his vehicle left to travel eastbound on East Old Road 30. When he started making the left turn, he didn’t observe Kinsey’s vehicle in the area. His trailer hit Kinsey’s vehicle. Kinsey complained of hip pain and said she would take herself to the hospital to get checked out. A passenger in her vehicle complained of leg pain and also was to get checked out at a hospital. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 11:29 a.m. Friday, May 28, Hand Avenue south of West Market Street, Warsaw. Driver: Greyson M. Donner, 31, Foliage Lane, Sheridan. Donner was traveling southbound on Hand Avenue, Warsaw, and saw an SUV trying to go under the railroad overpass at the same time he was. He said he was concerned that both vehicles would not fit through the overpass and didn’t realize that the overpass height was not tall enough to allow his vehicle through. His vehicle struck the railroad overpass trusses. He inspected the trusses and his vehicle afterward and called his employer to let him know about it. His employer told him to return the truck to the shop in Indianapolis. He said he felt like he should have called and didn’t realize that the trusses needed to be inspected for damage before he left the scene. He left the scene and was located near Claypool. Donner is facing a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of a property damage accident. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:34 a.m. Friday, May 28, 1158 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: Ellamae H. Reiff, 18, North CR 600E, Warsaw, and Michael R. Himes, 26, South First Street, Pierceton. Reiff said she was backing up from a parking space in front of Starbucks. She said she looked both ways before backing and didn’t see anyone coming. Her vehicle backed into Himes’. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 12:51 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, SR 14, Rochester. Driver: James M. Handy, 30, Rochester. Hit deer with an ambulance.
- 4:11 a.m. Monday, May 31, SR 17 south of SR 114. Driver: Carley A. Snyder, 27, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 3:40 p.m. Sunday, May 30, SR 14 and North Meridian Road, Rochester. Driver: David Metzger, 60, Kewanna. Hit deer.
- 6:47 a.m. Sunday, May 30, CR 400S and CR 1100W, Kewanna. Driver: Jacob E. Mettler, 25, Peru. Mettler missed a curve in the road, going off the roadway. He suffered a laceration to the lip and had struck his head.
- 1:40 p.m. Saturday, May 29, CR 600S between CR 400W and CR 500W. Driver: Keaton R. Ferverda, 22, Kewanna. No further information.