WARSAW — Jefferson Elementary School held its first-ever Jefferson Ninja Warrior competition with great success.
The event, which benefitted Riley Hospital for Children, was held the week of May 17 and was open to students in grades K-6. This year, Jefferson students raised $1,020 for the cause.
A $5 entry fee allowed students to compete against their grade level for the fastest completion time of Jefferson’s course. In the end, a boy and girl winner emerged from each grade.
“The hope is to make this an annual event, with all funds going to Riley,” said Jefferson Elementary Principal Kyle Carter.
Grade-level winners are as follows:
- Kindergarten: Cameron P. and Sarah L.
- First grade: Easton B. and Taylor P.
- Second grade: Carter H. and Tanner S.
- Third grade: Cooper W. and Yessenia R.
- Fourth grade: Kyser G. and Kinley B.
- Fifth grade: Drew J. and Reagan E.
- Sixth grade: Matias K. and Kyra L.
Matias K. set the all-school record with a time of 1:14.85.