Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:59 a.m. Friday, May 28, SR 19, Mentone. Driver: Peggy A. Riddle, 65, West CR 950S, Akron. Riddle’s vehicle collided with a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:59 a.m. Thursday, May 27, US 30, east of West CR 300N, Etna Green. Driver: Michael A. Long, 65,13th Trail, Bourbon. Long’s vehicle struck a fence and tree. Long said he had been westbound on US 30 and was unsure what happened. Long was taken to Woodlawn Hospital for treatment. Damage up to $10,000.
- 2:47 a.m. Thursday, May 27, Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Driver: Nathaniel P. Trott, 27, EMS B6 Lane, Leesburg. Trott was involved in a pursuit in another vehicle. After wrecking the first vehicle, Trott was able to start a vehicle at a residence. As he was attempting to evade police, the vehicle he was driving struck a tree. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:06 p.m. Wednesday, May 26, East CR 600S, east of South CR 525E, Pierceton. Driver: Jeffery L. Reiff, 33, North Binkley Road, Larwill. Reiff failed to make a curve and his vehicle struck an embankment. The vehicle became airborne, landing in a field and rolling, coming to a rest on the passenger side. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:55 p.m. Wednesday, May 26, Old Road 30, west of SR 13, Warsaw. Drivers: Kalor R. Campbell, 33, Van Buren Street, Columbia City; and Daniel L. Spangler, 66, North CR 850W, Pierceton. Campbell’s vehicle rear-ended Spangler’s vehicle. Spangler complained of neck pain but denied needing medical treatment at that time. Damage up to $10,000.