Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:17 p.m. Saturday, May 22, East Pierceton Road, east of South CR 400E, Pierceton. Driver: Richard M. Balestri, 61, Herscher Drive, Warsaw. Balestri was traveling west on Pierceton Road when his vehicle traveled left of center, leaving the roadway and hitting a utility pole owned by REMC. This resulted in a small amount of yard damage at 4159 E. Pierceton Road, Pierceton. Balestri’s vehicle then drove further west on East Pierceton Road, leaving the roadway again and becoming stuck in a field. Balestri complained of head pain and had minor head injuries. He signed off on medical treatment at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 9:54 p.m. Tuesday, May 18, North Deer Run, south of North CR 100E, Warsaw. Drivers: unknown; and Logan Vaneeden, 23, North Harper Road, Leesburg. Vaneeden was traveling north on CR 100E when an unknown vehicle traveling eastbound changed lanes, hitting Vaneeden’s vehicle. The unknown driver left the scene. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:23 p.m. Saturday, May 22, South Huntington Street, south of South Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Kimberly J. Herr, 56, East Trusdell Avenue, Syracuse; and Ryan P. Bouillon, 35, North Eastshore Drive, Syracuse. Herr was backing her vehicle from a driveway when she hit Bouillon’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:12 a.m. Sunday, May 23, SR 15, near East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Nathan C. Houin, 38, North Michigan Street, Argos; and Jordan L. Rowe, 22, East CR 450N, Warsaw. Hour fled the scene on foot prior to officers’ arrival. Rowe said he was traveling south on SR 15 when Houin’s vehicle ran a red light while traveling west on East Center Street. A passenger in Rowe’s vehicle, Whitney R. Rowe, 25, Warsaw, complained of back pain but refused treatment at the scene. Four witnesses also saw Houin run a red light. Damage up to $25,000.
- 10:29 p.m. Saturday, May 22, Lake City Highway, north of Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael J. Hamilton, 38, North CR 925E, North Webster; and Mary E. McFadden, 41, Pike Shore Drive, Warsaw. Hamilton was attempting to turn right while heading east when the trailer of his vehicle hit McFadden’s vehicle. Hamilton said he was not fully in the designated right turn lane because of his trailer. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:58 p.m. Saturday, May 22, US 30, near North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Von A. Frieden, 58, West CR 525S, Claypool; and Glenn L. Aker, 69, West Anglin Road, Etna Green. Frieden was traveling west on US 30 and entered an intersection while Aker had a green arrow to turn left onto Parker Street. Frieden said he did not see Aker’s vehicle due to looking away from the roadway. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:47 a.m. Saturday, May 22, Jalynn Street, west of SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Timothy W. Hollowell, 50, North Lake Street, Warsaw; and Carl J. Kocsis, 70, Church Hill Downs Drive 2, Warsaw. Hollowell was stopped at a stop sign and was attempting to turn onto Jalynn Street when he turned in front of Kocsis’ vehicle, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:45 p.m. Friday, May 21, Lake City Highway, east of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jacob R. Wilson, 20, North Tamarack Street, Warsaw; and Ricky L. Hill, 28, North 7th Street, Goshen. Wilson was traveling east on Lake City Highway when he rear-ended Hill’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:23 p.m. Friday, May 21, US 30, west of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Lauren E. Sheets, 25, North CR 350W, Columbia City; and Christopher D. Hartman, 30, Saddleback Court Apartment 2C, Fort Wayne. Sheets was traveling east on US 30 when she rear-ended Hartman’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:53 p.m. Friday, May 21, South Hand Avenue, south of West Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Driver: Amy L. Eacret Walters, 40, Hill Trail, South Bend. Eacret Walters was traveling south on South Hand Avenue and attempted to drive under a viaduct when the AC unit on top of her vehicle hit the viaduct, causing her vehicle to become stuck. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:47 p.m. Friday, May 21, South Bronson Street, south of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael Higgins, 65, 1575th Street, Lincoln, Ill.; and Lynina J. Rodgers, 32, East Wildwood Drive, Warsaw. Higgins was traveling north on South Bronson Street and was attempting to back his vehicle to make more room for a turning school bus when he backed into Rodgers’ vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:20 a.m. Friday, May 21, Argonne Road, near East Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Driver: Bailey E. Leitch, 21, West Lakeshore Drive 57, Columbia City. William Marsh, 29, Warsaw, was traveling south on Argonne Road on a motorized bicycle when his vehicle hit a boat that Leitch’s vehicle was towing. Marsh sustained cuts to his right thigh and right calf. He also had road rash on the right side of his chest and his left elbow. He was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment. Damage up to $2,500.
- 8:08 a.m. Friday, May 21, Center Street and Cleveland Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Lee A. Brown, 43, Lake Street, Warsaw; and Max A. Ketrow, 64, Lynnwood Drive, Warsaw. At the time of the accident, the traffic signal at the intersection was not functioning. The vehicles collided at the intersection where a four-sided stop sign had been placed. Damage up to $25,000.