Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:09 a.m. Friday, May 14, North Orn Road south of West Price Road, Milford. Driver: Randall J. Ward, 28, East SR 14, Akron. Ward was traveling on North Orn Road near the intersection of West Price Road in Milford. His vehicle exited the roadway from the east side of the road, causing his vehicle to slide into a ditch and roll over. A small fire started near the engine, but he was able to put it out with some water he had on scene. He was checked out by medics for minor bleeding on his head. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:37 p.m. Thursday, May 13, South SR 15 north of West CR 900S, Silver Lake. Driver: Spencer J. Cummings, 34, South SR 25, Warsaw. Cummings was traveling northbound on South SR 15. While making a right turn onto West CR 900S, Silver Lake, the vehicle left the roadway and collided with a phone service box and fence. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:41 a.m. Thursday, May 13, 3104 E. Wooster Road, Warsaw. Driver: Derrick J. Avery, 51, East SR 114, North Manchester. Avery said he was on his normal garbage route when the top of his vehicle snagged a low-hanging wire, resulting in it pulling a utility pole down. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 12, South Huntington Street east of East Lynwood Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Tonya A. McCullough, 56, East CR 125S, Pierceton, and Chester L. Los, 60, East CR 900N, Syracuse. McCullough said she was at the intersection of East Lynwood Drive and South Huntington Street, Syracuse, when she was waved on by another motor vehicle. She proceeded to pull out, heading southbound on South Huntington Street. Her vehicle hit Los’ vehicle. Los said he was at the intersection of East Lynwood Drive and South Huntington Street facing east when he was motioned to go across the street eastbound onto East Lynwood Street. When his vehicle went across South Huntington Street, McCullough was pulling out southbound, thus causing her vehicle to hit his. Los was checked out at the scene by medics due to hamstring issues. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:21 p.m. Thursday, May 13, West CR 300N and SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Kayley R. Drummond, 20, Broadway Street, Mentone, and Vasanth K. Kondala, 35, Briar Ridge Circle, Warsaw. Drummond’s vehicle rear-ended Kondala’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.