Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 10:38 a.m. Sunday, May 9, East US 30 west of CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Josiah E. Moore, 25, North CR 150E, Albion. Moore was traveling westbound on US 30 when it began to hydroplane due to the wet roadway. He lost control of the vehicle and it rolled onto its top. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 1:09 a.m. Sunday, May 9, East US 30 west of North Binkley Road, Pierceton. Driver: Partha Reddy Kokonda, 28, East Market Street, Warsaw. Reddy Kokonda was traveling westbound on US 30 west of the intersection of North Binkley Road, Pierceton. His vehicle started to wobble, and he attempted to pull to the north side of the road to check out the problem. His vehicle continued to wobble, and he lost control, causing the vehicle to spin around twice before leaving the roadway and hitting a tree. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 12:40 a.m. Sunday, May 9, North First Street north of Tulip Street, Pierceton. Driver: Zacheriah E. Cain, 26, St. Marys Drive, Warsaw. It is believed that Cain was traveling southbound on North First Street when his vehicle drove left of center into the northbound lane and struck a tree and two homes. Cain admitted to consuming alcohol prior to the crash. He was transported to a hospital for injuries. A passenger in his vehicle, Dontaye Y. Cain, 28, Warsaw, was pronounced dead at the scene. Damage: Up to $100,000.
- 9:21 a.m. Saturday, May 8, East US 30 and South CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Timothy E. Johnson, 21, West 25th Avenue, Gary. Johnson said he was traveling westbound on US 30 when a vehicle that was northbound on East CR 900E, Pierceton, drove across the eastbound lanes of US 30 in front of him. He steered left to avoid striking the other vehicle, resulting in him driving though the median and into a ditch. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:47 p.m. Friday, May 7, North SR 15 north of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Drivers: Alicia M. Lucero, 31, Alexis Drive, Milford, and Kaela J. Miller, 26, CR 44, Millersburg. Lucero was traveling northbound on SR 15 when Miller braked in front of her. Lucero didn’t have enough distance to brake, and her vehicle hit Miller’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:59 a.m. Friday, May 7, West CR 1050N east of North CR 300W, Milford. Driver: Todd P. Lincoln, 38, Brookview Drive, Warsaw. Lincoln was traveling westbound on West CR 1050N, Milford, when his vehicle hit two deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:53 p.m. Monday, May 3, North CR 200E south of East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Driver: Robin J. Martin, 57, East Rookstool Road, Syracuse. Martin said he was southbound on CR 200E from Armstrong Road, Leesburg, when he observed a truck and trailer turning northbound from the south driveway of the business and immediately attempting to turn west into the north driveway. Martin said he didn’t think he could make it in between the truck/trailer and the garage, so he steered his vehicle right off the roadway, rather than striking the truck, causing his vehicle to hit the garage on the property. Damage: Up to $50,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:01 p.m. Saturday, May 8, South Harkless Drive north of East Palm Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Austin Z. Vuittonet, 28, West CR 1250N, Milford. Vuittonet’s motorcycle wrecked. A warrant will be issued for his arrest regarding operating while intoxicated. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:07 p.m. Thursday, May 6, East Bowser Road south of South Huntington Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Joseph D. Gardner, 31, SR 13, Millersburg, and Rhett L. Mikel, 36, East Sunset Drive, Syracuse. Gardner said he was southbound on South Huntington Street approaching the intersection with West Bowser Road, Syracuse, when a vehicle pulled out in front of him from the parking lot of 1200 S. Huntington St. He attempted to swerve and ended up striking Mikel’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 8:19 p.m. Wednesday, May 5, North East Wawasee Drive south of East CR 1400N, Syracuse. Driver: Yudith M. Leos, 19, Park Meadow Drive, Ligonier. Leos was traveling southbound on North East Wawasee Drive just north of East CR 1400N, Syracuse, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:26 a.m. Tuesday, May 4, 11739 N. SR 13 south of North Executive Boulevard, Syracuse. Driver: Brady M. Guild, 17, West CR 200S, Cromwell. Guild said he fell asleep while driving and ran his vehicle off the road. Ruts were left in two yards at 11729 and 11739 N. SR 13, Syracuse, and a small bush was destroyed in the yard of 11729 N. SR 13, Syracuse. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 1:51 p.m. Sunday, May 9, US 30 and Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Isabella P. Blanco, 18, Johnson Road, Coloma, Mich., and Aaron J. Gingerich, 28, Scipio Road, Harlan. Blanco said she was traveling eastbound on US 30, Warsaw. As she was approaching the intersection of US 30 and Meijer Drive, she looked down at her phone to enter something into her GPS. Her vehicle hit the back of Gingerich’s, which was stopped at a red light. A young child in Gingerich’s vehicle was checked out by medics at the scene. Blanco was issued a citation for distracted driving using a cellphone. The odor of burnt marijuana was coming from Blanco’s vehicle, and an officer conducted an investigation into driving while intoxicated. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:13 p.m. Friday, May 7, North SR 15 south of Lyon Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Bethany Seyden, 19, Westminster Lane, Bourbonnais, Ill., and Jerry L. Secrist, 83, West CR 600S, Mentone. Seyden said she was leaving Three Crowns Coffee, 941 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. She was trying to turn south onto North SR 15. Her vehicle and Secrist’s collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:13 p.m. Friday, May 7, 2191 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw. Drivers: Ryan L. Petty, 40, and Tyler A. Denniston, 28. Petty said he was parked in the parking stall at 2191 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw. He started backing up his vehicle and hit Denniston’s, which was parked by a curb. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 3:21 p.m. Friday, May 7, SR 15 and Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Joshua W. McNeal, 33, East Jackson Street, Muncie, and Lu A. Wendel, 64, North Wayne Street, North Manchester. McNeal was traveling southbound on North Detroit Street and was preparing to turn eastbound onto Anchorage Road, Warsaw. His vehicle turned left and hit Wendel’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:19 p.m. Friday, May 7, West Winona Avenue and South Harding Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jennifer S. Moore, 32, East Center Street, Warsaw, and Randy D. Fisher, 61, West CR 1350N, Macy. Moore was traveling northbound on South Harding Street trying to turn right onto West Winona Avenue, Warsaw. She said she inched forward to see if the way was clear. Her vehicle hit Fisher’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.