MENTONE — The following are events, items and services offered at Bell Memorial Public Library in Mentone.
New TV Series on DVD
The library has a number of popular T.V. series on DVD. If you are behind a few seasons and need to binge watch, stop by and check your favorite series out. (Valid Library card is required).
- The Andy Griffith Show
- The Big Bang Theory
- Blue Bloods
- Breaking Bad
- Cedar Cove
- Chesapeake Shores
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago Med
- Chicago PD
Library Book Sale
The library is having a book sale. The sale is held daily in the Bell Memorial Public Library lobby.
Teen Craft Night
Teen Craft Night will take place from 4:30-7 p.m. Thursday, May 13. Teens and young adults will be making string art projects. All materials needed will be supplied at no cost. Contact Natalie Salazar for more information at (574)-893-3200.
These new books will be hitting the shelves in the near future. **Please be reminded that most of the books are pre-ordered. The library does not receive the books until they are released from the publisher**
- “21st Birthday” by James Patterson
- “Be a Work in Progress” by Jon Cena
- “Beautiful Things” by Hunter Biden
- “Black Ice” by Brad Thor (June 22)
- “The Bounty” by Janet Evanovich
- “A Brambleberry Summer” by RaeAnne Thayne (June 29)
- “The Bullet” by Iris Johansen (June 8)
- “Danger in Numbers” by Heather Graham
- “Do Your Best Every Day to Do Your Best Every Day” by John Cena
- “Falling in Love on Willow Creek” by Debbie Mason (June 29)
- “Golden Girl” by Elin Hilderbrand (June 1)
- “Herons Landing” by JoAnn Ross (May 25)
- “Jackpot” by Stuart Woods (June 1)
New Axis 360 ebooks
Axis 360 users – see what’s been added since your last log in. **Please note that some of these are pre-ordered. The library does not receive them until they are released from the publisher**
- “21st Birthday” by James Patterson
- “Aftermath” by Terri Blackstock (May 11)
- “Arctic Storm Rising” by Dale Brown May 25)
- “Family Reunion” by Nancy Thayer
- “The Guncle” by Steven Rowley (May 25)
- “Legacy” by Nora Roberts (May 25)
- “Mean and Shellfish” by Tamar Myers
- “The Newcomer” by Mary Kay Andrews
- “The Stepsisters” by Susan Mallery (May 25)
- “That Summer” by Jennifer Weiner (May 11)
- “While Justice Sleeps” by Stacey Abrams (May 11)
The library always offer curbside services. Please call (574)-893-3200 to request materials. You can also email Stephen Boggs at [email protected].
New on Hoopla Digital
Check out what’s new and now streaming on Hoopla Digital. “On borrowed Time” by Adam Croft, “A Wedding in Italy” by Tilly Tennant and “These Lost and Broken Things” by Helen Fields. Teens and children can browse these titles: “The Light-Headed Bunch” by Bob Parfitt and “Dan’s Magic Song by Rita Mitchell. All that is required to use Hoopla’s streaming service is a valid Library card. For more information, please stop in and speak with a library staff member.
Additional Patron Services at the Bell Memorial Public Library. Demand has certainly risen for Internet Hotspots and the library has three new units for patron use. The units are free to use, can be reserved, circulate for one week and are only available to residents in the Bell Memorial Library’s tax district which includes the Town of Mentone and Harrison Township or to patrons who have purchased a Library card. The Hotspots use the T-Mobile/Sprint network and have exceedingly good download speeds and connectivity. Just contact the library if you have any questions.
Bell Memorial Public Library now offers wireless printing from your smartphone or tablet. User must use the MENTONEWLAN for this to work
Persons using wireless printing will need to know how to print to print from their own device, Library staff cannot provide support for printing or other issues on patron owned equipment.
- Be sure you are connected to the MENTONEWLAN
- Open the item to be printed and select the print command
- Search for the CANON MF642c series printer
- Click on the printer icon to begin the print process
This is a new service and the library staff are still learning how to use the machine. If there is an issue with the machine, please leave a note for Mr. Boggs or e-mail him at [email protected]
VHS Videotape Converter to Digital
Another new service is the patron use VHS videotape converter to digital. Contact Stephen Boggs at (574)-893-3200 or [email protected] to setup a time to come to the Library to learn how to use the machine and begin digitizing homemade videotapes. Users will need to bring their own storage device such as a USB flash drive (4Gb minimum) or an external hard drive. Copying off-air programs is not allowed.
Plans are also being considered to add a document/photo scanner which will include a 35mm film or slide scanner, a Circuit machine for patron use as well as a 3-D printer. Just contact Mr. Boggs at the library for more details.
The Library Has a New Phone Number
Please take notice that BMPL has a new phone number. The new number is (574)-893-3200.