Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:12 p.m. Monday, May 3, Packerton Road, south of East CR 225S, Winona Lake. Drivers: John W. Snodgrass, 69, South Oak Street, Columbia City; and Larry J. Bennett, 71, South CR 400E, Warsaw. Snodgrass was traveling east on East CR 225S when he pulled into the path of Bennett’s vehicle, which was traveling south on Packerton Road. Bennett complained of knee pain but refused treatment at the scene. A passenger in Snodgrass’s vehicle, Richard N. Seabright, 43, Fort Wayne, complained of minor pain and had a cut near his left eye. EMS checked Seabright at the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:43 p.m. Thursday, May 6, SR 17, Kewanna. Driver: Zachary A. Klinkhamer, 24, Francesville. Klinkhamer’s vehicle struck a pole. He complained of pain. He was cited for driving while suspended with prior.
- 8:26 a.m. Thursday, May 6, SR 17 and CR 475N, Rochester. Driver: Tina M. Mcilvain, 41, Star City. Mcilvain reported her vehicle was sideswiped by another vehicle that left the scene.
- 10:52 a.m. Thursday, May 6, Fort Wayne Road, Rochester. Driver: Carla S. Reynolds, 57, Rochester. Reynolds’ vehicle went through a yard. She was found passed out and slumped over the wheel when police arrived.
- 3:41 a.m. Thursday, May 6, US 31 and CR 375N, Rochester. Driver: Dakota S. Robins, 27, Warsaw. Hit deer.
Officers with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 10:04 a.m. Friday, May 7, US 6 east of Bittersweet Drive Bremen. Drivers: Carl L. Moser, Bremen; and Sean M. Worsham, Bourbon. Worsham was observed by a TSC flagman approaching a lane closure at a high rate of speed. The flagman was able to motion a stopped vehicle out of the way so it would not get struck by the semitractor/trailer. Worsham skidded the semitractor/trailer to a stop, however, Moser, who was driving behind the semi/tractor failed to stop and hit the trailer. Moser was taken to Bremen Hospital after complaining of pain all over.