Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:47 a.m. Tuesday, April 27, Hepton Road, Nappanee. Driver: Monique R. Harris, 25, Hepton Road, Nappanee. Harris’ vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:32 a.m. Tuesday, April 27, SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Keith A. McSherry, 56, West CR 600S, Claypool. McSherry’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, April 27, SR 14, east of South County Farm Road, Silver Lake. Driver: Megan E. Reneker, 36, East CR 250S, Pierceton. Reneker’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:19 p.m. Monday, April 26, North CR 800W, north of US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Herbert B. Clark, 65, West CR 200S, Kewanna; Jonathan M. Floyd, 28, Charlotte Avenue, Fort Wayne; and Ryan P. Lane, 30, Blaine Avenue, Elkhart. Clark’s vehicle entered the intersection of CR 800W and US 30 and was struck by Floyd’s vehicle. Floyd’s vehicle was then forced into Lane’s vehicle. Clark complained of head pain and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Floyd was attended to by medics at the scene for a neck abrasion. Damage up to $100,000.
- 11:41 a.m. Monday, April 26, SR 13, Pierceton. Drivers: Gary Hall, 68, Harrison Avenue, Peru; and David M. Walker, 58, North CR 600E, Warsaw. Hall thought Walker’s vehicle was making a right turn so Hall began passing on the left. Walker’s vehicle made a left turn and struck Hall’s vehicle. Hall’s vehicle was carrying sand. The vehicle overturned and the sand went into Walker’s vehicle. Hall had cuts on his arm and complained of chest pain. Walker complained of leg and chest pain. Damage up to $50,000.
- 9:14 a.m. Monday, April 26, Wawasee Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Joe T. Lynn, 21, Prairie View Drive, Goshen. Lynn lost control of his vehicle and went off the road, rolling and ending up on its top. Lynn had facial injuries and was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. A passenger in the vehicle, Mendella J. Dolph, 41, Prairie View Drive, Goshen, had facial and abdominal injuries and was taken by Lutheran Air to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:51 a.m. Monday, April 26, SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Gary Barton, 66, SR 25, Mentone. Barton’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $1,000.
- 2:13 a.m. Saturday, April 24, North SR 15, near East Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Driver: John W. Wakefield, 26, Reed Street, Fort Wayne. Wakefield was traveling south on North Detroit Street and attempted to turn right onto the on ramp to East Lake City Highway when the motorcycle he was driving began to skid. The motorcycle then fell onto its right side, throwing Wakefield off the vehicle. Wakefield complained of pain and had lacerations to his hands and lower back. He was taken to a landing zone so a medical helicopter to take him for medical treatment in Fort Wayne. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:05 p.m. Monday, April 26, North SR 15, north of Lyon Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Trent L. Landrigan, 25, East CR 700S, Pierceton; and Ana M. Beck, 42, East Levi Lee Road 158, Warsaw. Landrigan was traveling north on North SR 15 when he rear-ended Beck’s vehicle. Beck’s vehicle was stopped and attempting to turn west into a parking lot. Beck complained of neck and back pain due to the accident and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $10,000.