Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:51 a.m. Wednesday, April 21, North CR 700E and North Barbee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Noah P. Horn, 17, North CR 650E, Warsaw, and Mark A. Ryl-Kuchar, 27, East Backwater Road, North Webster. Ryl-Kuchar had his school bus stopped and with red lights flashing in the area of 3806 N. CR 700E, Warsaw, to pick up a student. Horn was traveling eastbound on Barbee Road, which makes a 90-degree turn and turns into CR 700E. As he made the corner, he said he didn’t see the bus stopped and struck the back of it with his vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 21, South CR 400W south of West CR 700S, Claypool. Driver: Harold L. Lewis, 30, South CR 650E, Rochester. Lewis was traveling northbound on South CR 400W in the area of West CR 700S, Claypool. He lost control of his vehicle due to icy road conditions. It left the roadway and hit a tree. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 11:06 a.m. Tuesday, April 20, West CR 1350N and North CR 950W, Nappanee. Drivers: David N. Nelson, 83, Cassell Ave., Mishawaka, and Bryan E. Thomas, 59, Beech Road, Bremen. Nelson was on CR 950W facing northbound at the stop sign, located at CR 1350N, Nappanee. He said his vehicle was too far out in the intersection. His vehicle started northbound, causing it to hit the fender of Thomas’ trailer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:14 p.m. Wednesday, April 21, South Union Street north of West Wheeler Street, Warsaw. Driver: Jennie K. Loubert, 46, Walkers Ridge, Warsaw. Loubert said she pulled into an east/west alley between 418 and 422 S. Union St., Warsaw, to pick up a student. As she was backing out of the alley, her vehicle sideswiped a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:17 p.m. Tuesday, April 20, West CR 300N, Warsaw. Drivers: Roxane F. Miller, 52, Parmley Drive, Goshen, and Leonard M. Miller, 44, Orn Road, Milford. The vehicles collided in a parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:32 p.m. Tuesday, April 20, Bronson Street and Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Kiley J. Helblig, 22, Winona Avenue, Warsaw, and Jane A. Walters, 74, Bouse Drive, Silver Lake. Helblig’s vehicle pulled into the path of Walters’ vehicle and the vehicles collided. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:01 p.m. Tuesday, April 20, 1150 Husky Trail, Warsaw. Driver: Benino M. Lopez, 34, North Apperson Way, Kokomo. Lopez was parking his vehicle next another one. He misjudged the turn and struck the other vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 8:11 a.m. Tuesday, April 20, 811 N. Cook St., Warsaw. Driver: Caleb W. Wise, 30, East CR 550S, Warsaw. Wise was backing his vehicle into the parking lot at 811 N. Cook St., Warsaw. He said he didn’t see a parked vehicle behind him until it was too late. His vehicle hit the other vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.