Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:35 a.m. Monday, April 19, South SR 15, south of West CR 350S, Warsaw. Drivers: Corey R. Culp, 50, Shaffer Road, Warsaw; and Brenda K. Grubbs, 74, West Hoffman Lake Road, Warsaw. Culp was backing his vehicle when his vehicle’s trailer hit Grubbs’ vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 5:50 a.m. Tuesday, April 13, North CR 300E, south of East CR 1300N, Syracuse. Driver: William J. Marsillett, 61, Whitetail Run, Warsaw. Marsillett was traveling north on CR 300E when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 1:22 p.m. Friday, April 16, CR 36 and SR 13. Drivers: Jordyn Moore, 38, Albion; and Matthew Bertke, 57, Syracuse. Bertke complained of neck pain and was taken to Elkhart Hospital. Moore was traveling eastbound in a 2017 International semi-tractor/trailer when he disregarded the stop sign, hitting the Bertke vehicle. Bertke, driving a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado, was exiting the intersection southbound on SR 13. He lost control of the vehicle, going off the east side of the roadway into a small ditch, causing the vehicle to roll over before coming to a stop on SR 13. Moore was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:20 a.m. Monday, April 19, Third Street and Sweetgum Road, Rochester. Driver: Joshua K. Hauser, 31, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 10:13 a.m. Friday, April 16, CR 650E and C Street, Rochester. Driver: Teresa Magno, 45, Rochester. Magno’s vehicle went off the road and landed on its side.