Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:41 a.m. Monday, April 5, North SR 13, north of East CR 500N, Warsaw. Driver: Kevin W. Scheil, 48, Stag Drive, Warsaw. Scheil was traveling north on North SR 13 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $1,000.
- 4:29 p.m. Saturday, April 3, CR 400E, north of SR 14, Claypool. Drivers: Tanaca C. Hill, 51, South Throop Street, Calumet Park, Ill.; and Mark R. Lott, 66, East CR 1150S, North Manchester. Hill was traveling north on CR 400E and was at an intersection when she entered it, hitting Lott’s vehicle. This resulted in Lott’s vehicle leaving the roadway. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 4:58 a.m. Saturday, April 3, South SR 13, south of East CR 1150S, Claypool. Driver: Stephen J. Johnson, 35, North Mill Street, North Manchester. Johnson was traveling south on South SR 13 when he disregarded “Road Closed Ahead” signs and hit a sign, continuing through and hitting a steel stair assembly and skid loader. Johnson sustained a minor head injury. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:05 p.m. Wednesday, March 31, East CR 300N, near North CR 100E, Warsaw. Drivers: Katherine E. Jones, 19, Sara Drive, Winona Lake; and Kevin A. Grindle, 52, East Bayview Drive, Syracuse. Grindle was traveling north on CR 100E when Jones’ vehicle, which was facing east on CR 300N at a stop sign, began to cross the roadway in front of him. Jones complained of minor neck and right side pain. She was treated by medics at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 31, Bowser Road, Syracuse. Driver: Dakiyron D. Fox, 23, SR 119, Goshen. Police were called to Bowser Road where an unoccupied vehicle was sitting partially on top of a large boulder. Police made contact with Fox, who said he missed the curve in the road and struck the boulder. Fox said he did not believe he had to contact law enforcement since no other vehicles were involved. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:48 a.m. Monday, April 5, West CR 300N, near Shelden Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Tamara K. Hemmingsen, 57, West Effie Mae Street, North Webster; and Carrie S. Finken, 44, South Wray Street, Atwood. Hemmingsen was traveling south on Shelden Street when she disregarded a yield sign and entered a roundabout while Finken was traveling through it. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:53 p.m. Sunday, April 4, 2501 Walton Blvd., Warsaw. Driver: Patti R. Miner, 68, East Dresdin Drive, Warsaw. Miner was traveling east through the parking lot when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 7:04 p.m. Saturday, April 3, 1005 Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Ritchie Hernandez, 48, West SR 10, Bourbon; and Leah C. Sander, 31, East CR 350S, Akron. Hernandez had pulled into a parking lot and put his vehicle into reverse to back out of the parking lot entrance when he hit Sander’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:28 p.m. Saturday, April 3, East US 30, east of Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Margaret E. Munson, 74, West CR 550S, Claypool; and Courtney A. Howard, 35, East Lantern Road, Warsaw. Munson was traveling east on East US 30 and was preparing to merge into the right travel lane when she hit Howard’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:24 a.m. Saturday, April 3, SR 15, south of East Main Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Connie L. Bryant, 71, Armenia Road, North Port, Fla.; and Antonio F. Perez, 24, East CR 200N Lot 35, Warsaw. Bryant was traveling south on SR 15 in the left lane when she moved into the right line to move out of the way of an emergency vehicle. As she did so, her vehicle hit Perez’s vehicle in the right lane.
- 10:52 a.m. Saturday, April 3, South CR 250E, north of Corridor Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Sarah E. McClanahan, 29, North CR 850W 92, Pierceton; and Julie A. Harstine, 51, Southfield Road, Winona Lake. McClanahan was leaving a parking lot while Harstine was entering it. A collision occurred. Damage up to $2,500.
- 9:45 a.m. Saturday, April 3, 223 S. Bronson St., Warsaw. Driver: Ozgood O. Rivas, 29, South Main Street 2, Elkhart. Rivas was backing his vehicle from a private drive when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 6:43 a.m. Saturday, April 3, SR 15, near East Main Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel L. Thompson, 30, Wheatfield Lane, Churubusco; and Tammy L. Shepherd, 48, East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Thompson was traveling north on SR 15 when he ran a red light and hit Shepherd’s vehicle. Thompson’s vehicle rolled onto its left side and he was unable to exit his vehicle until officers arrived on scene. Thompson complained of lower leg pain but refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $50,000.
- 6:40 p.m. Friday, April 2, North SR 15, south of Kincaide Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Katelyn M. Avery, 22, East Old Road 30, Warsaw; and Robert G. Clark, 68, Fisher Avenue, Warsaw. Avery was traveling north on North SR 15 when she rear-ended Clark’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 2:03 p.m. Friday, April 2, North Roosevelt Street, west of Main Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Margarita C. Garcia, 35, Wooster Road 83, Winona Lake; and Janelle N. Overmyer, 41, North Cheyenne Drive, Warsaw. Garcia was traveling east on Main Street and entered an intersection when she hit Overmyer’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 9:44 a.m. Friday, April 2, East Main Street, near North Lincoln Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Teresa May, 57, North Colfax Street 115, Warsaw; and Zachery T. Haynes, 34, SR 17, Plymouth. May was turning right onto East Main Street from a parking lot and entered an intersection, hitting Haynes’ vehicle. May sustained a right knee injury and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Haynes and a passenger in his vehicle, Michael S. Kittrell, 38, Warsaw, complained of lower leg pain but refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:51 p.m. Thursday, April 1, North Lake Street, near West Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Drivers: William C. Brinkerhuff, 79, West CR 300S, Warsaw; and Abigail J. Washburn, 20, East Michigan Avenue, Galesburg, Mich. Washburn was traveling south on North Lake Street and was approaching an intersection when Brinkerhuff’s vehicle pulled out in front of her, causing a collision. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:51 a.m. Thursday, April 1, 2233 E. Jefferson St., Warsaw. Driver: Kip D. Allen, 52, East Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Allen was backing his vehicle from a driveway when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.