WARSAW — If people missed the area Easter events last Saturday, they’ve still got a few to choose from this Saturday, April 3.
New to the list is an Easter egg hunt in Warsaw and treat giveaway in Winona Lake.
- The Akron Chamber of Commerce has its annual Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 3, at Pike Memorial Park.
There will be more than 6,000 eggs and prizes, as well as pictures with the Easter Bunny. People are asked to bring their own camera to get pictures of their children with the Easter Bunny.
Egg hunt times go by age, with one adult allowed to assist those in the ages 0-3 group. Hunt times are: ages 0-3, 11:15 a.m.; ages 4-6, 11:20 a.m.; ages 7-9, 11:25 a.m.; and ages 10-12, 11:30 a.m.
- The Bourbon Easter Eggstravaganza is 3 p.m. Saturday, April 3, at the Bourbon Park Pavilion.
Hundreds of eggs will be hidden at the park. Hunting is by the following age groups: age 4 and under; ages 5-7; and ages 8-11.
- The Mentone Chamber of Commerce is having its Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 3, at Metzger Park.
- The Kiwanis Club of Milford is planning to hold its annual Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 3, at Milford Elementary School. The Easter Bunny will arrive at 10:45 a.m. for photos with the kids, so parents should be sure to bring a camera. This year’s event will be a little different than in years past. The eggs collected will have a prize inside for the kids to keep. The hunt will be divided by age group, from toddlers through age 10, and each child will be allowed to select six eggs.
In years past, the eggs were exchanged for different coin denominations depending on the color, and the eggs were then recycled for use again the following year. This year, the kids will take their eggs home with them instead.
- North Webster Lions Club is holding an Easter egg hunt at the baseball fields next to the Mermaid Festival Grounds at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 3. Four age groups are allowed to hunt from toddlers through age 12. Bring containers for eggs to the event.
- Shepherd by the Lakes Lutheran Church, 7449 E. CR 1000N, Syracuse, is having a free Easter bag/candy giveaway from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, April 3. The items are for children up to age 10. The bags will be brought to people’s cars when they drive into the church parking lot. Bags have been prepared following COVID-19 protocols.
- Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 3, at Central Park, 225 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw. Ages 0 through sixth grade may participate.
- Celebration United Methodist Church, 1289 S. CR 250E, Winona Lake, is having a drive-thru Easter treat giveaway Saturday, April 3. It’s from 1-3 p.m. There will be treat bags with a craft for kids. People may also get treats for dogs and cats. People should look for the canopy at the drive entrance. They should enter, grab their goodie bag, turn around in the drive and exit.