Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:57 a.m. Monday, March 29, East Old Road 30 and South CR 325E, Warsaw. Drivers: Brandon R. Shepherd, 20, West US 30, Larwill, and Lynn D. Caffee, 61, North CR 50W, Columbia City. Caffee was traveling westbound on Old Road 30 in the area of CR 325E, Warsaw, and Shepherd’s vehicle was directly behind his. Shepherd’s vehicle hit Caffee’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 11:40 a.m. Saturday, March 27, South County Farm Road south of East CR 700S, Claypool. Driver: Rex A. Addair, 22, North Mill Street, North Manchester. Addair was traveling northbound on County Farm Road south of East CR 700S, Claypool, at a high rate of speed. His vehicle lost traction with the roadway surface and entered the east shoulder of the roadway, where it overturned. It came to a rest on all four wheels. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:33 p.m. Friday, March 26, North CR 800W north of West US 30, Warsaw. Driver: Fermin Ayala, 26, Primrose Lane, Akron. Ayala was traveling southbound on CR 800W north of US 30, Warsaw, when he dozed off. His vehicle crossed the center line and struck a guard rail. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:40 a.m. Friday, March 26, 3025 W. Sunset Lane, Silver Lake. Driver: Joyce A. Wiley, 70, South Packerton Road, Winona Lake. Wiley was backing into the driveway of 3025 W. Sunset Lane, Silver Lake, in a Warsaw Community Schools bus to turn it around. She backed the bus into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:34 a.m. Saturday, March 27, North Huntington Street south of East Medusa Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Dakota J. Salyer, 19, South Main Street, Milford, and Teresa J. Chupp, 17, CR 29, Syracuse. Salyer was in his vehicle stopped in traffic heading south on North Huntington Street, Syracuse. The traffic was stopping and going, inching toward the track. He didn’t see Chupp’s vehicle stop, and his vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:04 p.m. Friday, March 26, Kings Highway west of First Street, Winona Lake. Drivers: Denise C. Tlahuetl, 17, Wooster Road, Winona Lake, and Colt A. Johnson, 28, East Wooster Road, Pierceton. Tlahuetl was traveling northbound on First Street, Winona Lake. She failed to see Johnson’s vehicle traveling westbound on Kings Highway and pulled into the intersection and struck his vehicle with hers. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 3:13 p.m. Sunday, March 28, SR 17, Kewanna. Driver: Jeffery A. Smith, 52, Kewanna. No further information.