Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:33 p.m. Sunday, March 7, East CR 900N east of North CR 300E, Milford. Drivers: Elilah N. Cook, 22, Millers Court, Nappanee, and Fredrick A. Young, 66, EMS D23 Lane, Syracuse. Cook was stopped at the stop sign at East CR 900N and North CR 300E, Syracuse. She looked in both directions and proceeded into the intersection, with her vehicle making a left hand turn to head north on CR 300E. Her vehicle pulled into the path of Young’s. Cook said she didn’t see Young’s vehicle due to the sun. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:31 a.m. Sunday, March 7, East Armstrong Road west of North CR 75E, Leesburg. Driver: Zackary T. Brickey, 20, East Boydston Mill Drive, North Webster. Brickey said he was traveling eastbound on East Armstrong Road, Leesburg, when his vehicle struck a pothole, which caused his vehicle’s airbags to deploy and damaged three tires. The officer on scene didn’t see any potholes and saw tire tracks in a field. He also saw landscaping with moved rocks with marks on them. A bush in the landscaping also had broken branches. Brickey told the officer when questioned that he did not leave the roadway. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:49 p.m. Friday, March 5, West CR 1350N east of North CR 950W, Nappanee. Driver: Douglas A. Yoder, 61, North CR 1000W, Nappanee. Yoder was traveling westbound on West CR 1350N in the area east of North CR 950W, Nappanee, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:48 p.m. Friday, March 5, North CR 150W north of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Jacob R. Barker, 20, Donna Street, Leesburg. Barker was traveling southbound in the 4700 block of North CR 150W, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:44 a.m. Friday, March 5, North CR 150W south of West CR 600N, Leesburg. Driver: Kurt A. Gray, 33, EMS W17 Lane, North Webster. Gray was traveling southbound on CR 150W, Leesburg, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 1, North SR 13 east of East Backwater Road, North Webster. Drivers: Damian T. Breetz, 23, East Backwater Road, North Webster, and Terry R. Elliot, 57, North Cranbrook Road, North Webster. Breetz was traveling westbound on Backwater Road, North Webster, and came to a stop at the intersection of SR 13. He was going to make a left turn onto SR 13 and observed Elliot traveling northbound on SR 13. Elliot’s vehicle had its hazard lights on. Breetz believed that Elliot was going to turn right onto Backwater Road. Breetz turned his vehicle left onto SR 13, and it was struck by Elliot’s vehicle, which did not turn right. Elliot said he turned his hazard lights on because he thought he was having issues with the lights on his trailer. EMS checked the occupants of Breetz’s vehicle for injuries and they were then released. Damage: Up to $10,000.