Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:17 p.m. Wednesday, March 3, East US 30, west of South SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Nancy A. Church, 87, South SR 13, Pierceton. Church was traveling east on US 30 when she hit a deer that was standing in the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:11 p.m. Wednesday, March 3, East CR 500N, east of North CR 750E, North Webster. Driver: Kimberly K. Boren, 56, North Harrison Street, Syracuse. Boren was traveling west on East CR 500N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 8:32 p.m. Tuesday, March 2, North CR 1000E, Cromwell. Driver: Bryce L. Truman, 33, Raleigh Avenue, Kendallville. Truman was driving north and said he was driving too fast. When he went over some railroad tracks, he was unable to regain control of his vehicle and struck a mailbox at 4300 W. CR 1200S, then struck a tree in the yard at the same address. Truman said he did not notice damage to the mailbox and believed his vehicle was not too damaged to drive home, so he loaded his front bumper into the vehicle and continued down the road. He came to a stop south of the intersection of North CR 1000E and East CR 1250N. Truman complained of pain in his neck, and he had cuts on his wrists. He was taken to the hospital by Syracuse EMS. Damage up to $10,000.
- 7:26 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 28, East Old Road 30, east of North CR 300E, Warsaw. Driver: Mathew G. Merrill, 36, EMS B21 Lane, Pierceton. Merrill was traveling east on East Old Road 30 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:54 a.m. Wednesday, March 3, SR 13, North Webster. Drivers: Brian Hite, 40, West CR 200N, Cromwell; and Christopher N. Fleming, 30, Butternut Road, South Bend. Hite’s vehicle rear-ended Fleming’s vehicle. Hite had an abrasion to his elbow/lower arm. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 11:51 a.m. Wednesday, March 3, SR 15, near East Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Ralph E. Deck, 62, East South Street 3, Albion; and Trenton D. Witmer, 27, North Mill Street, North Manchester. Deck was traveling north on SR 15 when he rear-ended Witmer’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 3, 2211 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: unknown. A vehicle registered to David W. Reed, Silver Lake, was parked when it sustained damage. The vehicle who caused the damage left the scene. Damage up to $2,500.
- 8:42 a.m. Wednesday, March 3, East Center Street, near North Bronson Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Rebecca J. Overlander, 44, Anchorage Road 53, Warsaw; and Julie A. Black, 61, South Union Street, Warsaw. Overlander was traveling north on South Bronson Street when she disregarded a red light at an intersection, hitting Black’s vehicle. Overlander complained of left hip and shoulder pain but refused treatment at the scene. A passenger in Black’s vehicle, Maria L. Garza, 83, Warsaw, complained of chest pain and also refused treatment. Damage up to $2,500.