WABASH – Grow Wabash County has announced the launch of a series of advanced skills training programs for Wabash County workers looking to upgrade their current skillsets to become more competitive in the local workforce.
The current slate of upcoming training programs include:
- Industrial Maintenance MSSC-CPT Training starting March 30
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Training starting April 5
- CNC Machining Fundamentals starting May 17
- Process Communication Model Workshop starting May 3
- Gas Metal Arc Welding Training starting June 2021 (Dates TBD)The successful development and launch of these new efforts are thanks in part to Grow Wabash County’s partnerships with local educational institutions including Ivy Tech Community College, Heartland Career Center and CTS Driving Academy.Financial support and scholarships are available for each training program, including through the state’s Workforce Ready grant program. The Community Foundation of Wabash County has also demonstrated great support for these programs by offering funds to all for Grow Wabash County to award tuition scholarships for applicants in need of financial support.
Registration and questions regarding financial assistance and other course details may be directed to Heather Vance, Ivy Tech’s Employer Consultant, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 260-355-9462.Additional information about these programs and updates on future training opportunities can be found on the Grow Wabash County website.