Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:14 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, North CR 350W south of West CR 200N, Warsaw. Driver: Julie A. Rodriguez, 49, East Vine Street, Kendallville. Rodriguez was traveling northbound on North CR 350W, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:53 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, East CR 450N west of North CR 175E, Warsaw. Driver: Janet M. Schreiber, 42, South CR 1100W, Larwill. Schreiber was eastbound on East CR 450N, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. She complained of abdominal pain but refused medical treatment. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:19 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21, East CR 900S west of South County Farm Road, Claypool. Driver: Matthew P. Rodgers, 27, East Van Ness Road, Pierceton. Rodgers was traveling westbound on CR 900S, Claypool. He applied the brakes to stop his vehicle at the intersection of CR 900S and County Farm Road. His brakes failed and his vehicle came upon a slick spot in the roadway, causing the vehicle to leave the road and come to rest on its top. He was transported to the hospital to check for injuries. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 7:01 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, North CR 675E north of East CR 500N, North Webster. Driver: Larry C. Nickolson, 22, Overlook Drive, North Webster. Nickolson said he was driving southbound when a deer jumped in front of his vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:06 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24, West Main Street east of North Washington Street, Warsaw. Driver: Nicholas J. Coon, 42, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Coon was backing his vehicle up to parallel park. He backed up too far and struck a parked vehicle with his vehicle’s trailer hitch. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:09 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, SR 15 north of West CR 300N, Warsaw. Driver: Curtis J. Mengel, 27, South Seventh Street, Goshen. Mengel was traveling southbound on SR 15 and approaching the entrance of Texas Roadhouse. He fell asleep while driving, and when he woke back up, he had crossed onto the center concrete elevated median and crashed into a road sign. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:38 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 23, East Center Street near North Park Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Phillip N. Boyd, 20, North Park Avenue, Warsaw, and Robert A. Smits, 59, East Epworth Forest Road, North Webster. Boyd was stopped at the intersection of North Park Avenue and East Center Street and did not see any incoming traffic. While entering the intersection, Boyd’s vehicle hit Smits’. Damage: Up to $10,000.