Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:02 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22, East Epworth Forest Road, south of East Sumac Lane, North Webster. Driver: Amber M. Alfano, 27, North Fifth Trail, North Webster. Alfano was traveling southbound on Epworth Forest Road when a deer hit her vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:48 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22, East US 30 east of East CR 250S, Pierceton. Driver: Andrew J. West, 32, North CR 850W, Pierceton. West was traveling eastbound on US 30 west of East CR 250S, Pierceton. He realized he was traveling faster than the traffic ahead of him. He slammed on the vehicle’s brakes, and they locked up. The vehicle spun and headed toward the ditch on the south side of the roadway. It left the road and struck a ditch, causing it to roll several times. It came to a rest on its top, and the people inside were able to exit. West stayed at the scene, but two passengers left. They were found nearby, and one passenger had cuts on her hand and complained of back and pelvic pain. She was taken to a hospital. West was cited for driving while suspended-prior. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 1:22 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22, 12708 N. East Wawasee Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Donald J. McCulloch, 77, East CR 1250N, Syracuse, and Jeffrey C. Merfeld, 57, Ennis Way, Indianapolis. McCulloch was backing his vehicle out of a parking space and backed into Merfeld’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:05 a.m. Monday, Feb. 22, West CR 100N east of North Parks Schram Road, Warsaw. Driver: Amanda S. Davis, 47, West Van Buren Street, Leesburg. Davis was traveling westbound on CR 100N, Warsaw, when her vehicle began to slide due to road conditions. She drove off the side of the road and into a ditch. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:53 a.m. Monday, Feb. 22, East SR 14 east of South CR 100E, Silver Lake. Driver: Adam E. Isley, 44, North Mill Street, North Manchester. Isley was traveling westbound on SR 14 approaching CR 100E, Silver Lake. He lost control of his vehicle on the ice-covered roadway. It slid off the north side of the roadway and came to rest on the driver’s side. Damage: Up to $5,000.