Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, South County Farm Road, north of East CR 450S, Warsaw. Driver: Mark E. Montel, 59, West CR 700S, Claypool. Montel was traveling north on County Farm Road when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:09 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, East SR 14, east of South CR 600E, North Manchester. Driver: Kevin S. Leach, 57, West US Highway 30, Larwill. Leach was traveling west on SR 14 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:44 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, East Old Road 30, east of North SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Paige M. Pontius, 28, EMS B61 Lane, Warsaw. Pontius was traveling west on East Old Road 30 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:11 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2695 Shelden St., Warsaw. Drivers: Stephanie A. Surber, 40, North Spear Road, Columbia City; and Elizabeth M. Payne, 47, South Main Street, Avilla. Surber was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit Payne’s vehicle. Payne’s vehicle was traveling east through the parking lot at the time of the accident. No injuries were reported. Damage up to $10,000.
- 4:03 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, West US 30, near Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: John M. Sanders, 48, Ridgehave Drive, Killeen, Tex.; and Beth A. O’Brien, 53, Wood Dale, Ill. Sanders was traveling west on US 30 when he rear-ended O’Brien’s vehicle. Both vehicles were able to be driven from the scene. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:13 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 18, Wooster Road, west of Presidential Drive, Winona Lake. Driver: Roberto D. Collette, 48, East Columbia Street, Pierceton. Collette was traveling west on Wooster Road when his vehicle slid off the roadway, hitting a street sign and utility pole. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:52 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17, Kings Highway, north of Robson Road, Winona Lake. Drivers: Carol Yanez Santaromi, 32, Meadowdale Drive, North Manchester; and Laura K. Stout, 57, North CR 300E, Warsaw. Yanez Santaromi’s vehicle rear-ended Stout’s vehicle. Stout complained of neck pain but refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $2,500.