WARSAW — The Wagon Wheel Center for the Arts will be holding auditions for youth/teens, ages 11-18, for their upcoming Wagon Wheel JR production.
To be considered, submit a video of yourself by Monday, Feb. 15.
What to submit in your video:
- Introduce yourself by stating your name and age.
- Perform one of the monologues provided here: WWJR Monologues
- Sing a song as a low-pressure way for your musicality to be heard. Please choose any song at all that has a karaoke track available on YouTube. Record yourself singing with the track. Don’t forget to act the song.
- Please try your best to memorize the monologue so you can make bold acting choices.
- They will be looking for actors who make strong character choices and infuse both the monologue and song with high stakes and emotional connection.
- Most of all… have fun.
Please email all video submissions no later than Monday, Feb. 15, to [email protected]
If your file size is too large to send in an email directly, try these options:
- Compress/shrink your file
- Record your video on a low-definition setting
- Upload your file to your preferred cloud (OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) and send us the link
- Upload your video to Youtube and send the link to WW
There is a $75 fee for those cast in the show. If cast, this fee helps cover the purchase of materials and royalties. Scholarships are available. Please see their website for more information: www.wagonwheelcenter.org/classes
The next production may be either pre-recorded or presented live on the Wagon Wheel stage. If you have questions, email [email protected]
About the Rehearsals
These are the slated times and days you are asked to be available:
- Thursday, March 11*, from 5-8 p.m.
- Friday, March 12, from 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 13, and Sunday, March 14, from 1-4 p.m.
- March 15-19, weekdays after school from 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 20, and Sunday, March 21, from 1-4 p.m.
- March 22*–25*, (full run-thru and tech) weekdays after school from 5-8 p.m.
*denotes mandatory attendance rehearsal with the full cast
All times and length subject to change.
Potential performance dates and times:
- Friday, March 26, @ 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 27, @ 2 p.m.
- Sunday, March 28, @ 2 p.m.
Please be certain to double check all rehearsal and performance dates above. Due to limited time constraints, Wagon Wheel cannot accommodate multiple conflicts.
For everyone’s safety, we will require everyone involved to adhere to COVID-19 safety protocols (including wearing masks, social distancing on and off stage, daily cleaning of props and common areas and more)