SYRACUSE — Dr. Steve Troyer, the new superintendent of the Wawasee Community School Corporation, is asking the community for input during the second phase of his entry plan.
The detailed plan can be found on the corporation website called the Listen and Learn Phase, which focuses on gaining perspective from students and community stakeholders.
Communication is a key theme throughout the entry plan beginning with the Listen and Learn phase. The series of community town hall meetings is foundational in developing a strong relationship of two-way communication between the superintendent, the school, and its stakeholders.
The meeting dates are:
• Feb. 1 – WHS Auditorium – 6:30 p.m. — 8 p.m.
• Feb. 8 – Milford School – 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
• Feb. 20 – Wawasee Middle School Cafetorium – 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
• Feb. 22 – North Webster Elementary – 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Each meeting will have the same format: An introduction of Dr. Troyer, an overview of the entry plan and an opportunity to gain insight and understanding of the corporation from the perspective of its people through the following questions:
• What should I know about the Wawasee community?
• What should I know about your school/situation?
• What is working well and should be sustained?
• What needs attention and could be reevaluated?
After the meetings are held, all information will be analyzed with the findings reported and explained during a state of the corporation address. Those findings will then be the driving force behind the development of the corporation’s new strategic plan.
Anyone who cannot attend one of the meetings but would like to provide feedback is encouraged to visit the website at www.wawasee.k12.in.us and fill out the listen and learn survey.
Anyone with questions can contact the Wawasee Central Office at (574) 457-3188.