Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:03 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 21, East Pierceton Road east of South CR 400E, Pierceton. Driver: Mary J. Benitez, 36, South Lynnwood Drive, Warsaw. Benitez was traveling eastbound on Pierceton Road, Pierceton, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:48 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, North CR 500E and East Defreese Road, Milford. Driver: Kevin A. Grindle, 52, East Bayview Drive, Syracuse. Grindle was traveling southbound on CR 500E at the intersection of East Defreese Road, Milford, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:09 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, North CR 200E south of East CR 900N, Milford. Driver: Ann M. Littlejohn, 47, North Syracuse Webster Road, Syracuse. Littlejohn was traveling northbound on CR 200E south of CR 900N, Milford, when she lost control on the snow-covered roadway, slid off the road and hit a pole. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 8:12 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, Kings Highway south of 13th Street, Winona Lake. Driver: Abigail L. Miller, 26, Terrace Drive, Winona Lake. Miller was traveling southbound on Kings Highway in the area of 13th Street, Winona Lake, when she hit a dog. The dog died from its injuries. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 11:41 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19, East CR 225S east of Sandra Lane, Winona Lake. Drivers: Axel Rodriguez, 19, East CR 400S, Pierceton, and Bobby D. Houtz, 21, West Catalpa Lane, Warsaw. Rodriguez was traveling eastbound on CR 225S, Winona Lake. Due to the snow-covered roadway, he lost control of his vehicle. It slid across the center line and struck Houtz’s vehicle, which was traveling westbound on CR 225S. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 5:15 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, CR 1075E and CR 400S, Akron. Driver: Ashley K. Marchlewicz, 26, Macy. Marchlewicz’s vehicle went off the road.