Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:54 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, 340 E. Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Juan P. Marquez-Nieto, 34, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw, and Matthew S. Goble, 40, South Columbia Street, Warsaw. Marquez-Nieto was stopped/slowing his vehicle at a T-intersection on a private road in a mobile home park. He had trouble stopping due to the snow-covered roads, and his vehicle slid into the intersection. His vehicle and the snow plow on Goble’s vehicle collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, North SR 19 south of West CR 75N, Etna Green. Driver: Austin J. Whitaker, 24, East Maple Street, Mentone. Whitaker was traveling northbound on North SR 19 in the area south of West CR 75N, Etna Green, when he lost control of the vehicle. It went off the road and into an utility pole. Damage: $25,000.
- 2:16 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, North CR 1000E west of West CR 200N, Syracuse. Driver: Rocky L. Bullock, 30, North Blue Lake Road, Churubusco. Bullock was traveling westbound on West CR 200N, Syracuse. The roads were snow-covered, and as his vehicle approached the intersection of North CR 1000E, he was unable to stop his vehicle. It left the roadway and struck a sign. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19, South SR 25 east of South Bruner Road, Mentone. Driver: Kayla B. Merley, 20, West Partridge Drive, Mentone. Merley was traveling southwest on South SR 25 in the area east of South Bruner Road, Mentone, when her vehicle left the roadway, hit an utility pole and ended up in a field. She complained of head and neck pain and was taken to the hospital. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 6:14 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19, West CR 400N west of North CR 600W, Warsaw. Driver: Austin K. Brumfield, 26, North CR 300W, Warsaw. Brumfield was traveling westbound on West CR 400N in the area of North CR 600W, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 9:46 p.m. Monday, Jan. 18, North SR 13 south of East CR 850N, North Webster. Driver: Mary D. Moorman, 66, North Syracuse Webster Road, North Webster. Moorman was traveling southbound on SR 13 in the area of East CR 850N, North Webster, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:17 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, South Main Street north of West First Street, Milford. Driver: Tabitha P. Tucker, 24, North CR 100E, Warsaw. Tucker was traveling northbound on Main Street, Milford. She tried to stop at the intersection, but just started to slide and struck an utility pole. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 1:49 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 16, North SR 15 and West CR 1350N, Milford. Drivers: Robert D. Price, 89, Timber Ridge Drive, Bristol, and Jazmyne E. Swick, 31, EMS C31 Lane, Warsaw. Price was traveling eastbound on West CR 1350N to SR 15, Milford. He pulled into the path of Swick, who was traveling southbound on SR 15 and had the right of way. The vehicles collided, and Price’s vehicle made Swick’s go into a guardrail. A passenger in Price’s vehicle was taken to the hospital, and Swick took herself to the hospital after complaining of neck, chest and ankle pain. Damage: $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:47 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, West Center Street, near South Columbia Street, Warsaw. Drivers: unknown; and Kevin M. Taylor, 40, North SR 9, Columbia City. Taylor was traveling west on West Center Street when an unknown vehicle slid past a stop sign and into an intersection, hitting Taylor’s vehicle. The unknown driver left the scene. Damage up to $2,500.