Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:33 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15, East Winona Avenue, near South Indiana Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Cindi G. Fluke, 67, Western Drive, Winona Lake; and John J. Young, 51, East US 30, Pierceton. Fluke began to leave a parking lot to travel west on East Winona Avenue when she hit Young’s vehicle. Fluke said she did not realize East Winona Avenue had two lanes of traffic going westbound. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:25 a.m. Friday, Jan. 15, SR 15, near Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Hannah T. Metzger, 16, Woodlawn Drive, Warsaw; and Amy L. Sills, 52, East Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Metzger was traveling south on SR 15 when she entered an intersection at a red light. Sills was traveling north on SR 15 and had a green arrow to turn left. Metzger and a passenger in her vehicle, Wyatt Snyder, 15, Warsaw, were checked by medics at the scene for complaints of lower leg and chest pain; they were not taken to the hospital. Sills was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for pain and an abrasion on her arm. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 5:26 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14, CR 42 and SR 19, Nappanee. Drivers: Alicia Faubion Wilburn, 34, Goshen; and Sarah Stout, 30, Nappanee. Wilburn suffered a broken arm. Stout suffered a broken wrist. Both were taken to area hospitals. Wilburn disregarded the stop sign at CR 42 with SR 19 and drove in front of Stout’s vehicle. Wilburn was issued an infraction for disregarding a stop sign.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:11 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14, Race Street and East Ninth Street, Rochester. Drivers: Joline V. Taylor, 32, Rochester; and Lynnette M. Freehafer, 52, North Liberty. Taylor’s vehicle collided with Freehafer’s vehicle.
- 5:12 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14, US 31 and CR 600N, Rochester. Driver: Shane W. Simons, 48, Rochester. Simons’ vehicle went off the roadway.