Fort Wayne — Cookie season is here. The annual Girl Scout Cookie Program launched today during a challenging time when many Girl Scouts are selling in creative, socially distant ways to keep themselves and their customers safe.
· Girl Scouts will be reaching out to customers via social media and their personalized cookie platforms.
· Customers may order online, and shipping will be subsidized for orders of six or more packages.
· Girl Scouts has a new collaboration with Grubhub to provide contact-free delivery of cookies. Stay tuned for more details!
A delicious new cookie variety debuts this year. “Toast-Yay!” is shaped like a piece of toast with a cinnamon flavor and a layer of icing. It joins the lineup along with Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Patties, Shortbread, Caramel deLites, Lemonades, S’mores and Caramel Chocolate Chip (gluten-free).
The cost of cookies in GSNI-M remains the same as previous years at $4 a package, $5 for gluten-free.
There are several ways to purchase cookies:
· At in-person cookie booths if local safety guidelines allow. To find a cookie booth near you, enter your ZIP code in the “Find Cookies!” tool at www.gsnim.org.
· Via the mobile app, Girl Scout Cookie Finder, available for download on iOS or Android mobile devices.
· Through girls’ “Smart Cookies” platforms and on social media (with parental supervision).
· Don’t know a Girl Scout? Just email [email protected] and we will connect you with a local Girl Scout who will offer you the opportunity to order online.
The Girl Scouts “Care to Share” option also enables customers to order cookies to donate to first responders, volunteers and local causes.