Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:12 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, East Beer Road west of North CR 175E, Milford. Driver: Paul R. Long, 55, North Grandview Drive, Syracuse. Long was traveling eastbound on Beer Road when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:26 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, North SR 15 south of South Main Street, Leesburg. Drivers: Blake W. Tipton, 22, West CR 1400N, Silver Lake; and Brett A. Kreft, 29, West Monoquet Road, Warsaw. Tipton was traveling northbound on SR 15 when he failed to pay attention, and his vehicle hit the back of Kreft’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:23 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11, 514 N. Main St., North Webster. Drivers: Richard L. Williamson, 82, East Old Road 30, Pierceton; and Steven P. Haberman, 52, EMS B35 Lane, Warsaw. Williamson said he was in his vehicle behind Haberman’s vehicle at a bank drive-thru. His foot slipped off the brake pedal, and he accidentally hit the gas pedal. His vehicle hit Haberman’s. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:36 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, East Smith Street and North Bay Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Caroline Hastings, 18, East Blossom Lane, Warsaw; and Tyson A. Gaff, 45, North Calhoun Street, South Whitley. Hastings’ and Gaff’s vehicles were both on East Smith Street when they collided. Gaff had back pain from the accident and was checked out by medics at the scene. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:41 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9, Anchorage Road and Sunset Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Curtis D. Frame, 79, Red Squirrel Court, Warsaw. Frame turned his vehicle onto Anchorage Road going eastbound from North Detroit Street, Warsaw. He heard a bang, but he wasn’t sure what it was. A passenger in his vehicle said she thought he had hit someone walking along the road. He had hit two pedestrians. He stopped to make sure both of them were okay. Having trouble reaching dispatch, Frame and his passenger took both pedestrians to a local hospital. One had slight redness on his elbow from being hit by the vehicle’s side mirror and was released. The other pedestrian had injuries to her left arm and the left side of her back. Hospital staff found that her left arm was broken and she had two broken ribs. She told hospital staff she was pregnant but didn’t know how far along she was. Staff checked her out and didn’t find there were any issues with the baby or her pregnancy. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:24 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11, SR 110 and CR 800W, Culver. Driver: Brandi A. Hjertquist, 27, Culver. Hit deer.
- 6:26 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 10, Old US 31, Rochester. Driver: Dennis J. Forshee, no age listed, Macy. Hit deer.
- 7:57 p.m. Friday, Jan. 8, SR 114 and CR 400W, Kewanna. Driver: Marsha Fagan, no age listed, Twelve Mile. Hit deer.
- 3:11 p.m. Friday, Jan. 8, CR 400W, between CR 100N and CR 200N. Driver: Carly Wyatt, no age listed, Rochester. Hit deer.