Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:17 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, North CR 1000E, north of East CR 1350N, Syracuse. Driver: Susan M. Phillips, 64, North Enchanted Forest Lane, Cromwell. Phillips was traveling north on North CR 1000E when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 4:43 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, North CR 100E, west of East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Olimpya K. Robles-Ramirez, 17, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Charles L. Lamb, 72, East CR 600N, North Webster. Robles-Ramirez was turning right onto North CR 100E when her vehicle hit Lamb’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:22 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, West CR 250S, near South Ferguson Road, Warsaw. Driver: Adam M. Hyde, 39, West CR 250S 30, Warsaw. Hyde was traveling east on CR 250S when his vehicle slid off the roadway, hitting a stop sign and road marking sign. Damage up to $1,000.
- 8:04 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, West SR 14, east of South CR 700W, Silver Lake. Drivers: Kyle Flumbaum, 32, West Hilltop Drive 57, Columbia City; and Johanna K. Curtis, 63, East CR 300N, Rochester. Flumbaum was traveling east on West SR 14 and was attempting to pass Curtis’ vehicle when he hit Curtis’ vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 5:48 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, North CR 1000E, south of East King Arthur Trail, Cromwell. Driver: Dustin H. Morr, 21, West Perry Road, Ligonier. Morr was traveling north on CR 1000E when his vehicle left the roadway and hit a utility pole. His vehicle continued north through a yard and rolled onto its top. Morr’s vehicle also hit a house at 11914 N. CR 1000E. Morr was ejected from his vehicle and had several cuts to his face, forehead, abdomen, arms and legs. He was taken to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital for his injuries. Damage up to $50,000.
- 5:14 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, West CR 450N, west of SR 19, Etna Green. Driver: Derek L. Frey, 17, 12th B Road, Bourbon. Frey was traveling west on West CR 450N when he lost control of his vehicle, causing his vehicle to leave the roadway and hit a section of bushes and a fence at 10792 W. CR 450N. Frey’s vehicle continued through parts of the fence and also struck a shed on the property. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:02 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, South SR 15, near South Old Road 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael J. Summers, 72, South CR 750W, Claypool; and Kristen A. Roth, 34, East Prestwick Road, Winona Lake. Summers was traveling south on South SR 15 when he passed Roth’s vehicle, which was stopped to turn left. While passing Roth’s vehicle, Summers’ vehicle hit Roth’s. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Pierceton Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, East Washington Road, east of East Pierceton Road, Pierceton. Driver: Dylan J. Sims, 21, South CR 700E, Pierceton. Sims was traveling east on Pierceton Road when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:29 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, South Main Street, north of East CR 900S, Sidney. Drivers: Philip C. Frendewey, 62, North Arnold Road, Columbia City; and Christopher L. Rinehart, 35, Gulf Boulevard 1, Madeira Beach, Fla. Rinehart’s vehicle rear-ended Frendewey’s vehicle while stopped at a railroad crossing. Frendewey complained of neck and back pain but refused treatment. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:14 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, 700 W. CR 300N, Warsaw. Drivers: Brittany N. Kessler, 30, Greene Drive, Warsaw; and Nathan G. Avery, 30, West CR 700N, Larwill. Kessler was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit Avery’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:06 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, Anchorage Road, east of Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: James L. Garman, 76, West Country Drive, Leesburg; and Louisa G. Hertel, 19, West Section Street, Claypool. Garman was leaving a parking lot when he entered the roadway, hitting Hertel’s vehicle in the eastbound lane on Anchorage Road. Damage up to $2,500.
- 10:15 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, West Market Street, west of South Columbia Street, Warsaw. Driver: Ricky J. Stewart, 58, South CR 450W, Claypool. Stewart was traveling east on West Market Street when a dog entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:04 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, North Buffalo Street, north of Main Street, Warsaw. Driver: Jeremy D. Sherrill, 39, Laurel Drive, Spring City, Tenn. Sherrill was traveling north on North Buffalo Street when he turned left to enter a parking lot. As he did so, the trailer of Sherrill’s vehicle hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 10:07 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 3, US 33 and CR 137 near Millersburg. Driver: Ma Piedad Lopez, 66, Ligonier. Lopez complained of back and head pain after her vehicle went off the road. She was taken to Goshen Hospital.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:43 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, SR 25 and CR 200N, Rochester. Drivers: Austin D. Keyt, 27, Rochester; and Randall D. Hardesty, 64, Rochester. Keyt’s and Hardesty’s vehicles collided. One person was flown to an area hospital.
- 11:26 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 3, Old US 31 and CR 375N, Rochester. Driver: Karey A. Putman, 48, Akron. Putman reported hitting a bicycle left in the roadway.
- 2:01 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 3, CR 450N, Rochester. Drivers: Trevor J. Blakely, 19, Macy; and Edward E. Hassenplug Sr., 47, Rochester. Blakely’s truck struck a tractor being operated by Hassenplug.
- 6:08 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 3, SR 14, Akron. Driver: Joshua D. Gaines, 28, Rochester. Gaines’ vehicle hit a mailbox.
- 10:23 a.m. Friday, Jan. 1, SR 15 and CR 1075E, Akron. Driver: Ronnie G. Hall, 65, Indianapolis. Hall’s truck slid off the roadway hitting a fence.
- 6:12 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31, SR 25 and CR 375S, Rochester. Driver: Cameron R. Gast, 23, Rochester. Hit deer.