Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:02 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5, East CR 1300N west of North Kern Road, Syracuse. Drivers: Darrick N. Young, 20, North Perry Drive, Milford. Young was traveling eastbound on East CR 1300N in the area west of North Kern Road, Syracuse. His vehicle slid on the slick road and into a ditch. It also hit a mailbox and an utility pole. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:34 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, North CR 750E south of East CR 500N, Leesburg. Drivers: Chelsea Emerick, 31, North Lexington Drive, Columbia City, and Joseph C. Miller, 44, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Emerick was stopped at the stop sign at North CR 750E and East CR 500N, Leesburg. She merged forward and struck Miller’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:44 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, North SR 15 north of West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Philip E. Charters, 75, East CR 1000N, Syracuse, and Damien D. Howard, 21, East Center Street, Warsaw. Charters was trying to turn his vehicle left onto North SR 15 from East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. He failed to yield the right of way to Howard, and his vehicle hit Howard’s. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:25 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, 850 N. Harrison St., Warsaw. Drivers: Alishia N. Bennett, 34, North Runkle Drive, Warsaw, and Laura A. York, 44, North Aspen Drive, Warsaw. Bennett was backing her vehicle up at 850 N. Harrison St., Warsaw, when she hit a parked vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
- 9:49 a.m. Monday, Jan. 4, US 30 and East Center St., Warsaw. Drivers: Elisabeth M. Taylor, 32, Rattington Circle, Warsaw, and Sinin N. Um, 41, East Porthcawl Road, Winona Lake. Taylor was stopped at a red light in her vehicle behind Um at the intersection of US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Taylor said Um started to pull her vehicle forward and she pulled her vehicle forward as well. Taylor said Um stopped her vehicle quickly and Taylor’s vehicle hit Um’s. Damage up to $1,000.