Editor’s note: Simmering Saturdays is a recurring column on InkFreeNews. The food feature is provided by Family Features. Look for it to post weekly at 10 a.m.
Christmas Tree Cheesecake Brownies
Festive fun and baking holiday treats go hand-in-hand, and these Christmas Tree Cheesecake Brownies provide a perfect way to enjoy a holiday tradition in the kitchen with loved ones.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, low-fat – room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Green and/or white frosting
- Assorted sprinkles
- Star Shaped Sprinkles
- Candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- Cheesecake batter: Place cream cheese in bowl of stand mixer. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and beat mixture until blended.
- Brownie Batter: In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt until combined. In separate bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Carefully pour cheesecake batter over top, spreading evenly. Carefully swirl layers together using tip of a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until brownies are set.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into triangle pieces.
- Decorate trees by placing green melted chocolate into a piping bag. Top with assorted sprinkles. Place a 3-inch piece of candy cane in the bottom of brownie for stumps