Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:14 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, South CR 700W, north of West CR 800S, Claypool. Driver: Caleb J. Bridgewater, 29, West Bensart Drive, Claypool. Bridgewater was traveling northbound on South CR 700W in the area north of West CR 800S, Claypool, when he swerved to avoid hitting a dog. His vehicle left the roadway and hit a fence and an utility pole. He complained of back pain and was checked out by medics. Damage up to $25,000.
- 8:38 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, South CR 450W north of West CR 525S, Claypool. Driver: Steven S. Lattea, 49, South Palestine Lane, Warsaw. Lattea was traveling southbound on South CR 450W in the area north of West CR 525S, Claypool, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:12 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, 2557 E. US 30, Warsaw. Driver: Douglas A. Craig, 57, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Craig was backing up his vehicle and it lunged forward and struck another parked vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:29 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, North Lake Street near Mile Marker No. 997, Warsaw. Drivers: David A. Melton, 55, Monmoor Avenue, Mishawaka; and Ashley A. Locke, 31, Walnut Creek Boulevard, Warsaw. Melton was traveling southbound on North Lake Street, Warsaw, when he tried to pull his cellphone out of his pocket. He took his eyes off the road, and his vehicle traveled over the centerline and struck Locke’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:14 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, CR 250E and East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Clifford M. Smith, 39, North Grant Street, Warsaw; and Tara L. Phillips, South Wausau Street, Warsaw. Smith said he was traveling on CR 250E near the intersection of East US 30, Warsaw. His vehicle hit Phillips’ vehicle when he failed to see it stopped in front of him. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:03 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, Detroit Street and East Pope Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Faith E. Bausch, 72, East Wilcox Road, Warsaw; and Jasmine M. Grimmett, 17, Sue Avenue, Warsaw. Bausch was in her vehicle facing westbound stopped at the stop sign at the Pope Street and South Detroit Street intersection, getting ready to turn left. Bausch pulled her vehicle onto South Detroit Street, and it collided with Grimmett’s vehicle. Bausch said she didn’t see Grimmett’s vehicle beforehand. Grimmett was transported to the hospital with complaints of arm and nose pain. Damage up to $10,000.
- 7:18 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, 255 Gilliam Drive South, Warsaw. Driver: Debra A. Felty, 59, East Ninth Street, Jonesboro. Felty was parking her vehicle in a driveway, but her brakes failed. She couldn’t stop her vehicle, and it hit the garage and caused damage to another vehicle. Damage up to $100,000.