Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2, South SR 15 north of West CR 1300S, Silver Lake. Driver: Kenny R. Stapleton, 54, Columbus Street, Wabash. Stapleton was traveling southbound on SR 15 when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:12 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, North CR 650E north of East CR 200N, Warsaw. Driver: Susan L. Wright, 40, EMS B37 Lane, Warsaw. Wright was traveling northbound on CR 650E just north of CR 200N, Warsaw, when she said she ran her vehicle off the roadway to avoid hitting a deer. Her vehicle hit a pole, then a tree, causing her to be trapped. After firefighters got her out, she was transported to the hospital due to having a head laceration and a possible broken arm. She admitted drinking prior to the crash. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:37 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, East CR 175N near North CR 175E, Warsaw. Driver: Wayne L. Morris, 44, West Cromwell Road, Kimmell. Morris was traveling westbound on East CR 175N near the intersection of North CR 175E, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
- 2:44 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, South Main Street and West Prairie Street, Leesburg. Drivers: Michael W. Kausal, 29, EMS D17 Lane, Syracuse, and Omar M. Carreon, 24, South Eighth Street, Goshen. Kausal was in his vehicle facing westbound on Prairie Street, Leesburg, at the stop sign. He tried to turn south onto Main Street, but his vehicle had issues, causing it to hesitate when he pulled it into the roadway. That caused a collision between his vehicle and Carreon’s. Carreon complained of pain at the scene and was checked out by EMS. Damage up to $25,000.
- 7 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, North CR 800W south of West CR 400N, Etna Green. Driver: Marc E. Earl, 48, North Elm Street, Silver Lake. Earl was traveling southbound when his vehicle hit a deer, causing the vehicle to travel down a small embankment and hit a pole. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:54 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, West SR 25 east of South CR 900W, Mentone. Driver: Gregory J. Brazo. 51, North Broadway Street, Mentone. Brazo was traveling eastbound on SR 25 near CR 900W, Mentone, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:36 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30, East CR 450N and North CR 375E, Leesburg. Driver: Jenna M. Mock, 32, North Royal Oak Court, Warsaw. Mock was traveling westbound near the intersection of East CR 450N and North CR 375E, Leesburg, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:34 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30, West CR 100N west of West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Driver: Fred J. Landolt, 64, Chestnut Street, Winona Lake. Landolt was traveling westbound on West CR 100N, Warsaw. He was turning around the school bus he was driving. As he was backing it up, the rear tires went into a yard, and the bus started to slide down an embankment. The bus also hit a pole. Damage under $750.