By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — According to the Indiana Department of Health website, Kosciusko County reported 370 new cases of COVID-19 since Friday, Nov. 20.
The county has recorded 4,461 positive COVID-19 cases and 39 deaths.
Meanwhile, Marshall County Health Department recently reported three additional COVID-19 deaths, bringing the county’s total to 44. Marshall County has 2,899 positive cases, which is up from 2,760 reported on Friday.
IDH’s website is also reporting the following COVID-19 case numbers for area schools (these statistics are updated weekly on Mondays and are total reported numbers, not just newly reported cases):
- Argos Community Junior-Senior High School (Argos) — 12 student cases
- Bremen Senior High School (Bremen) — 15 student cases
- Columbia City High School (Columbia City) — 22 student cases
- Culver Academies (Culver) — 97 student cases; 12 staff cases
- Edgewood Middle School (Warsaw) — 17 student cases
- Fairfield Junior-Senior High School (Goshen) — 13 student cases
- Goshen Middle School (Goshen) — 15 student cases
- Goshen High School (Goshen) — 34 student cases
- Harrison Elementary School (Warsaw) — 11 student cases
- Indian Springs Middle School (Columbia City) — 10 student cases
- Lakeview Middle School (Warsaw) — 15 student cases
- Lincoln Junior High School (Plymouth) — 13 student cases
- Manchester Junior-Senior High School (North Manchester) — 18 student cases
- Northfield Junior-Senior High School (Wabash) — 16 student cases
- NorthWood Middle School (Nappanee) — 28 student cases
- NorthWood High School (Nappanee) — 50 student cases
- Plymouth High School (Plymouth) — 36 student cases
- Riverside Intermediate (Plymouth) — 11 student cases
- Tippecanoe Valley High School (Akron) — 18 student cases
- Wakarusa Elementary School (Wakarusa) — 11 student cases
- Warsaw Community High School (Warsaw) — 96 student cases; 10 teacher cases
- Wawasee High School (Syracuse) — 12 student cases
- Whitko Junior-Senior High School (South Whitley) — 14 student cases
In a seven-day time period, Warsaw Community High School has reported 10 new teacher cases and 21 new student cases; Culver Academies has seen 28 new student cases since last Monday.
Statewide, the latest posting on the IDH website shows the number of COVID-19 deaths in Indiana rose to 5,067, which is up from 4,952 reported on Friday.
The total positive number of COVID-19 cases in Indiana is now at 300,913. More than 3,939,000 COVID-19 tests have been administered to Hoosiers.
Locally, Fulton County has 811 positive cases; Whitley County has 1,299 positive cases, which is up from 1,195 reported on Friday; and Wabash County has 1,530 positive cases, which is up from 1,365 reported on Friday. Noble County has 2,468 positive cases and Elkhart County has 16,665 positive cases, which is up from 15,714 reported on Friday.
In other northern Indiana counties, Lake County has 26,364 positive cases, which is up from 25,026 reported on Friday; Allen County has 17,299 positive cases, which is up from 16,218 reported on Friday; and St. Joseph County has 16,319 positive cases, which is up from 15,539 reported on Friday.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, more than 4,526,000 people in the United States have recovered from COVID-19.