WARSAW — Effective immediately, the Kosciusko County Recycling Depot has stopped household hazardous waste collection due to the increase of COVID-19 cases.
Because the collection process is so hands-on, the depot will not be receiving chemical intake until further notice. The issue will revisit this decision in January.
The depot will only be taking warehouse drop-off for the following items:
- batteries (non-alkaline preferred)
- electronics (televisions, computers, printers, microwaves, etc.)
- medical sharps
- mercury items (bulbs, thermostats, smoke detectors, etc.)
- oil and oil filters
If you are bringing items for drop-off, please remember the following guidelines:
- A mask must be worn at all times.
- Only one person is allowed out of the vehicle.
- Additional help to move or unload items will not be provided; please arrange to bring someone to assist you.
Depot staff reserve the right to refuse service and/or the intake of items to anyone, at any time.
Businesses, municipalities, and non-profits are asked to please call to arrange an appointment before bringing items for warehouse drop-off.