Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 10:12 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, East CR 450N, east of North CR 300E, Warsaw. Driver: Jessica I. Hermosillo, 28, Crescent Drive, Warsaw. Hermosillo was traveling east on East CR 450N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $1,000.
- 3:42 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, North CR 450E, near East CR 1200N, Syracuse. Drivers: Taryn E. Coy, 35, Meadow View Drive, Syracuse; and Janet S. Rice, 58, EMS D24B Lane, Syracuse. Coy was traveling west on CR 1200N when she struck Rice’s vehicle head-on. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:13 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, East Center Street, near North McKinley Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Alex R. Weaver, 18, South SR 15, Claypool; and Eric C. Gilbert, 56, South Roosevelt Street, Warsaw. Weaver attempted to make a left turn onto East Center Street when he turned into Gilbert’s vehicle, failing to yield the right-of-way to Gilbert’s vehicle. Gilbert complained of chest pain and was checked by medics at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:53 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, North SR 15, south of Gillam Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Devan R. Sands, 40, East Dresdin Drive, Warsaw; and Andrew J. Kamp, 61, West SR 14, Kewanna. Sands was attempting to leave a business when her vehicle entered onto North SR 15 into the outside driving lane near raised curbing. As she attempted to pass Kamp’s vehicle, her vehicle was struck as Kamp attempted to turn east into the business’s north parking lot. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 8:48 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, East Center Street, west of Robmar Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Jennifer A. Barrone, 36, East Fort Wayne Street Apartment A., Warsaw. Barrone was traveling east on Center Street when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, US 30, west of Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Kaylee M. Lewis, 20, Wooster Road 29, Pierceton; and James McNett, 50, Pomeroy Street, Kalamazoo, Mich. Lewis was traveling east on US 30 when she rear-ended McNett’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:52 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, SR 119 and CR 42, east of Wakarusa. Drivers: Matthew Seabolt, 20, Millersburg; Malinda Schwartz, 36, Atwood; and Walter Williamson, 59, Mishawaka. Seabolt sustained lacerations to the face and complained of pain all over, Schwartz complained of severe leg pain and Williamson complained of shin pain. Seabolt was transported to the hospital by ambulance for non-life threatening injuries. Schwartz was flown to a hospital for severe injuries. Seabolt disregarded the stop sign on CR 42 and struck the passenger side of Schwartz’s vehicle pushing into the lane of travel in front of Williamson’s semitractor/trailer. Seabolt was cited for disregarding a stop sign causing bodily injury.
- 4:47 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, SR 120 between CR 19 and CR 21, west of Bristol. Drivers: Shane Matthews, 28, Elkhart; and Jesse Hershberger, 26, New Paris. Matthews complained of chest pain. Matthews was following behind another vehicle that was not involved in the collision. Hershberger was backing his 2018 Kenworth from a private drive with its flashing amber lights activated. The first vehicle swerved into the eastbound lane to go around Hershberger’s vehicle, but Matthews did not slow and was unable to avoid hitting the back of Hershberger’s vehicle.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:46 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, CR 450N and US 31, Rochester. Driver: Caleb Bishop, no age listed, Traverse City, Mich. Hit deer.
- 8:29 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, CR 950S and CR 800W, Kewanna. Driver: Justin W. Collins, 45, Logansport. Hit deer.
- 6:10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, Old US 31, Rochester. Driver: Teresa M. Lee, 48, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 2:32 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, Cherry Tree Lane, Rochester. Driver: Nichol Price, no age listed, Roann. Price reported her vehicle was struck by another vehicle.
- 9:59 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, SR 14 and CR 775E, Akron. Drivers: Joshua S. Napier, 28, Akron; and Timothy Slisher, 49, Kewanna. Napier’s and Slisher’s vehicles collided.
- 7:41 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, West Third Street, Rochester. Driver: Andrea Elliott, 52, Rochester. Elliott’s vehicle struck an unoccupied vehicle.
- 6:55 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, US 31 and CR 375N, Rochester. Driver: Jim McGlothin, no age listed, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 4:58 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, US 31 and CR 700N, Rochester. Driver: Stephen J. Vandalsen II, 53, Denver. Hit deer.