By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — Kosciusko County Health Department recently reported two new COVID-19 deaths. This brings the county’s total number of deaths to 32.
The deaths occurred on Tuesday, Nov. 3, and Wednesday, Nov. 4.
In total, according to the Indiana Department of Health website, Kosciusko County has 2,600 positive cases, which is up from 2,497 reported on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
As of Wednesday, Nov. 3, 1,544 Kosciusko County residents have recovered from COVID-19. Thirty-four cases are hospitalized active cases, with 908 classified as active. A “hospitalized active case” consists of any active cases that are currently or have been hospitalized at all during their illness. However, consistent with non-hospitalized cases, once their 21-day active period is completed, they are considered recovered.
The Fulton County Health Department also recently reported an additional COVID-19 death, bringing the county’s total to 13. The death occurred on Wednesday, Nov. 4. Fulton County has 477 positive cases.
The State of Indiana also reported a new single-day record for COVID-19 cases. 4,457 cases were reported on Wednesday, Nov. 4, which is the highest number of daily cases to date.
IDH’s website is also reporting the following COVID-19 case numbers for area long-term care facilities (these statistics are updated weekly on Wednesdays and are total reported numbers, not just newly reported cases or deaths):
- Courtyard Healthcare Center (Goshen) – 37 resident cases; 10 resident deaths; 34 staff cases
- Golden Living Center Elkhart – 63 resident cases; 12 resident deaths; 28 staff cases
- Grace Village Health Care Facility (Winona Lake) – 17 resident cases; 24 staff cases
- Greenleaf Health Campus (Elkhart) – 46 resident cases; 18 resident deaths; 34 staff cases
- Greencroft Healthcare (Goshen) – 40 resident cases; 10 resident deaths; 54 staff cases
- HHC-ASC Riverside Village (Elkhart County) – 45 resident cases; 12 resident deaths
- Hubbard Hill Estates (Elkhart) – 14 resident cases; 20 staff cases
- Hickory Creek at Rochester – 25 resident cases; eight resident deaths; 13 staff cases
- Mason Health Care Center (Warsaw) – 18 resident cases; 13 staff cases
- Miller’s Merry Manor (Plymouth) – 61 resident cases; 19 resident deaths; 38 staff cases
- Miller’s Merry Manor (Wakarusa) – 70 resident cases; 13 resident deaths; 35 staff cases
- Miller’s Merry Manor (Warsaw) – 22 resident cases; 23 staff cases
- Peabody Retirement Community (North Manchester) – 10 resident cases; 79 staff cases
- Rolling Meadows Health Care Center (La Fontaine) – 45 resident cases; 10 resident deaths; 10 staff cases
Statewide, the latest posting on the IDH website shows the number of COVID-19 deaths in Indiana rose to 4,269.
The total positive number of COVID-19 cases in Indiana is now at 196,176. More than 3,073,000 COVID-19 tests have been administered to Hoosiers.
Locally, Whitley County has 659 positive cases, which is up from 596 reported on Tuesday; Wabash County has 676 positive cases, which is up from 630 reported on Tuesday. Marshall County has 1,796 positive cases, which is up from 1,723 reported on Tuesday; Noble County has 1,484 positive cases and Elkhart County has 11,186, which is up from 10,739 reported on Tuesday.
In other northern Indiana counties, Lake County has 17,487 positive cases, which is up from 16,748 reported on Tuesday; St. Joseph County has 11,314 positive cases, which is up from 10,922 reported on Tuesday; and Allen County has 10,442 positive cases, which is up from 9,919 reported on Tuesday.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, more than 3,743,000 people in the United States have recovered from COVID-19.