Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, West SR 25, east of South CR 1000W, Mentone. Drivers: Richard C. Webb, 85, North Tucker Street, Mentone; and Jose L. Castaneda, 25, South Jackson Street, Nappanee. Webb’s vehicle rear-ended Castaneda’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, East SR 14, west of South CR 700E, Sidney. Driver: Jimmy J. Stahl, no driver information provided. Stahl was traveling east on East SR 14 when a deer entered the roadway. This caused Stahl’s vehicle to leave the roadway and roll into its side. Stahl was pinned inside his vehicle and sustained a laceration to his forehead. He was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Damage up to $100,000.
- 6:41 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, South County Farm Road, north of East CR 900S, Claypool. Driver: Claud W. Newcomb, 38, North CR 600E, Urbana. Newcomb was traveling north on South County Farm Road when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:47 p.m. Monday, Oct. 26, North SR 15, south of West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Driver: Rory D. Hughes, 62, East SR 14, Columbia City. Hughes was traveling south on SR 15 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:15 a.m. Monday, Oct. 26, East SR 14, east of South CR 700E, Sidney. Driver: Phillip Clesceri, 21, Melampy Creek Lane, Mason, Ohio. Clesceri was traveling west on East SR 14 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:36 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 22, East CR 1350N, east of North East Wawasee Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Gerald A. Lundy, 58, CR 1, Elkhart; and Daniel M. Steele, 34, Cayuga Drive J., Westfield. Lundy was backing his vehicle when he backed into the front of Steele’s vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:25 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27, East Center Street, near East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Nicolette M. Duff, 16, West Old Road 30, Etna Green; and Kimber L. Zellers, 55, Glad Street, Warsaw. Duff was traveling on East Center Street when a truck in front of her abruptly turned. Duff followed the vehicle through the turn when she was struck by Zellers’ vehicle. Zellers complained of right arm pain and said she would take herself to a hospital for treatment. Damage up to $10,000.