WARSAW — The Goodwill Career Center offers monthly workshops that can be completed in increments, with assessments and certifications upon completion. This is the place to prepare yourself for a growing business and manufacturing world that demands more digital literacy and online / tech skills, as well as soft skills. No experience is necessary. All Career Center Events are free and open to the public.
We want to ensure that our services are safe for everyone.
We are thrilled to welcome you back to our Goodwill Career Centers. Please be aware of the following guidelines set in place for your safety:
- Please follow CDC guidelines and do not come in if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea or a sore throat
- Masks will be worn by all Goodwill staff
- All guests must wear a mask
- Increased cleaning and sanitation processes are in place
- Please follow safe social distancing and stay 6-feet away from others
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
A $50,000 salary is closer than you think. Discover a career in information technology through a no-cost certificate program developed by Google and hosted on Coursera. With cutting-edge virtual courses, hands-on labs and more, the Google IT Support Professional Certificate program is designed to prepare you to start a career in IT support. Whether you’re a digital native or are completely new to the field, Goodwill can train you for success in IT in an average of six months.
- Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
Knowing how to write code to solve problems and automate solutions is a crucial skill for anybody in IT. Python, in particular, is now the most in-demand programming language by employers. This program builds on your IT foundations to help you take your career to the next level. It is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills, including Python, Git and IT automation, that can help you advance your career.
Scholarships are available for a limited time only. Contact your area Career Center today for more information! You can also email us at: [email protected].
Personalized Digital Skills Tutoring
- Monday through Friday / Schedule a Time Between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Take advantage of our onsite computers to beef up your digital skills! If you want to learn from home, use our website: http://DigitalSkills.Goodwill-NI.org/ which offers links to tons of free digital skills training for all levels from Basic Computers to Microsoft Excel. Not sure where to start? We’ll set up assessments for you, and design training based on your knowledge and goals.
* To schedule a time to start skilling up, e-mail [email protected] or call (574) 267-1656 x1.
1st Source Bank Hiring Event
- Tuesday, Oct. 6 / 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. & 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m/
1st Source Bank is hiring for entry level call center and teller positions, as well as salaried and IT positions. Ready to change your career? This hiring event will be hosted virtually through our Google Meet chat room where you can speak to a 1st Source Bank recruiter about employment opportunities. Don’t have a computer? No problem, the Career Center is open, and you can choose either 12:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 6, to stop in and meet with their recruiter on our computers—we’ll have it set up and ready to go for you with no hassle. There will be a 10-15 minute “About Working at 1st Source Bank” introduction before questions.
* RSVPs are highly recommended. RSVP by e-mail at: [email protected] or by phone at: (574) 267-1656 option 1.
* To access the hiring event on your own device, please use this link:
* A Gmail account is required to access the meeting room, if you don’t have one you can attend in person at the Career Center using our account and computers. This is a hiring event, so please dress professionally and be ready to interview on-the-spot.
Better Job Searching with Indeed
- Tuesday, Oct. 13 / 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 / 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Do you have a presence on the largest job search site in the U.S.? Join us to build a strong foundation and learn how to search more effectively for the jobs you want. Indeed’s convenient ability to bring all your job search needs in one place allows you to be quick and versatile in your job search. Receive assistance from our staff on how to set up an Indeed account, build an online resume, add skills, easily apply to jobs, and more! Already have an Indeed account? Join us and learn how to improve it!
Computer Skills Assessments
- Thursday, Oct. 8 / 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The NorthStar Digital Literacy website offers a range of free assessments to test your competency across digital skills, tools and platforms ranging from Basic Computers to Microsoft Office Products, to Social Media, and more. We’ll navigate how to access these assessments and display how to get them proctored so you can earn a certificate with an 85% score or higher. Or just come in to practice and see where your skills are. Need further training beyond assessments? We can set up trainings based on your skill level and need.
Google IT Automation with Python Program: Scholarship Info Session
- Monday, Oct. 12 / 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 19 / 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This short overview session will go over the brand-new Google IT Automation with Python Program and Professional Certification. This is a scholarship program that Goodwill is offering. Goodwill Industries of Michiana Inc. is providing full tuition support for individuals interested in learning IT Python software and language, developed by Google and hosted on Coursera. This certificate program will help you become ready for an entry-level job in IT, Python Development, Product Management, Data Analysis, Software Development, and much more. This course is self-paced and usually take 6-8 months to complete. Experience in any area of technology, IT, and / or coding is required to receive this scholarship. Check out this info session and learn more about how to advance your career to make $50,000+ a year, starting out.
Trunk-or-Treat Job Fair
- Thursday, Oct. 22 / Noon to 2 p.m.
- Need to get out of the house, make a change in career, get a second job, or start something new? The Goodwill Career Center in Warsaw is hosting a Job Fair on Thursday, October 22nd from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. This event will be held outdoors in the Goodwill parking lot with trunks and tables on display with candy and swag, and will feature companies looking to hire immediately with on-site interviews likely. Come prepared and dressed for success! Sign-in will be required, so please check in before meeting the companies. Facial masks are required when in contact with staff and participating companies. Featured companies: Shiloh Industries, Leaders Staffing, Hacienda Restaurant, Goodwill Retail Store, and more.
All Career Center Events are free and open to the public.
Community Career Center (Adjacent to Goodwill Retail Store)
751 Anchorage Point Drive
Warsaw, IN 46580