Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:47 a.m. Monday, Sept. 28, North Jefferson and East Main streets, Silver Lake. Drivers: Evan M. Sumner, 23, North Spring Street, Wabash; and Kimberly A. Kuns, 53, 900 North, Huntington. Sumner’s vehicle was stopped on South Jefferson Street at the stop sign. He backed up his vehicle to give a semi-truck room to turn and backed his vehicle into Kuns’ vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:18 p.m. Monday, Sept. 28, 2235 Dubois Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Brenda J. Shambaugh, 64, East Seventh Street, North Manchester. Shambaugh was backing her vehicle up when her vehicle hit another vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:27 a.m. Monday, Sept. 28, Kings Highway north of Seventh Street, Winona Lake. Driver: Taleda M. Brenner, 45, Duffield Road, Elwell, Mich. Brenner’s vehicle died and she tried to coast it off the roadway into an alley. She couldn’t turn the steering wheel and her vehicle hit a tree. Damage under $750.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:55 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 27, SR 15 north of US 6. Driver: Skylor Piersall, 25, Milford. Piersall complained of chest and left ankle pain. She was checked by paramedics at the scene and declined further medical attention. Piersall was southbound on SR 15, north of US 6 when she fell asleep after leaving her place of employment. Piersall’s vehicle went left of center then off the east side of the roadway causing her vehicle to overturn. She was cited for driving left of center.
- 3:03 p.m. Friday, Sept. 25, CR 52 and CR 29, north of Syracuse. Drivers: Kevin Miller, 18, Shipshewana; and Dannielle Fox, 22, Cromwell. Fox complained of pain to the hip and neck and was transported to Parkview Hospital via Samaritan Air Ambulance. Miller was westbound on CR 52 and failed to stop for the stop sign at CR 29, hitting the driver’s side of the Fox vehicle. Miller was cited for disregarding a stop sign.