Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:44 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25, West CR 1350N, west of North CR 75W, Milford. Driver: Kayla B. Benton, 29, East Walnut Street, Nappanee. Benton was eastbound on West CR 1350N when her vehicle hit a raccoon. Benton later started to smell smoke and stopped her vehicle, noticing flames in the engine compartment. Damage up to $50,000.
- 5:35 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, West CR 1150N, near West Moore Road, Nappanee. Driver: Jaime Cervantes Brito, 18, East Wooster Road 12, Pierceton. Cervantes Brito was westbound on West CR 1150N near West Moore Road. He was distracted by his cellphone and his vehicle left the roadway, hitting a utility pole and a tree. He was checked out by medics after complaining about wrist pain. Damage up to $25,000.
- 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, East Old US 30, west of South CR 325E, Warsaw. Driver: Lucas P. Vanderhart, 24, EMS B48 Lane, Warsaw. Vanderhart was eastbound on Old US 30 when a deer ran in front of his vehicle and his vehicle hit it. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:28 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, SR 15, north of Boydston Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Terry J. Wright, 42, West CR 850S, Bunker Hill; Wilma F. Miller, 57, La Vista Drive, Warsaw; and Clark W. Heater, 66, West CR 800S, Claypool. Wright was northbound on SR 15 when he saw both lanes of traffic were blocked by stopped vehicles and he was unable to brake in time. His vehicle hit the back of Miller’s and Heater’s. Wright had a small laceration over his eye and Miller complained of chest pain. Both refused medical treatment. Damage up to $50,000.
- 6:59 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, US 30 and South CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Shannon E. Benson, 44, South Main Street, Avilla; and Malenis A. Carranza De Argueta, 38, North Highland Lane, Leesburg. Benson was eastbound on US 30 and entered the left turn lane to travel north on CR 250E. Her vehicle collided with Carranza De Argueta’s. The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:26 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, Old US 31 and East Lucas Street, Rochester. Driver: Susan K. Darst, 63, Rochester. Hit deer.