Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:14 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22, East CR 200N east of North CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Ana B. Fernandez, 58, Second Street, Ligonier. Fernandez was traveling east on CR 200N when she overcorrected and her vehicle left the roadway.
- 7:31 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, South CR 450E north of East CR 100S, Pierceton. Driver: Chase A. Jones, 22, Robin Hood Road, Cromwell. Jones was traveling south on South CR 450E when he swerved to miss a deer and his vehicle left the road and rolled over. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:37 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, East Armstrong Road west of North CR 450E, Leesburg. Driver: Anna L. Summerlot, 29, McKenna Road, Warsaw. Summerlot was traveling west on East Armstrong Road when a deer hit her vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:36 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, South SR 25 south of West CR 250S. Driver: Ashton J. Stump, 22, Union Street East, Warsaw. Stump was traveling northbound on South SR 25 and south of West CR 250S when his vehicle left the roadway due to excessive speed. His vehicle hit trees before rolling over. Stump and three passengers were taken to a hospital for evaluation. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:50 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, West CR 200S west of South Tinkey Road, Mentone. Driver: Valerie E. Lukens, 35, Mentone. Lukens was traveling east on CR 200S in the area of Tinkey Road when her vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
- 12:57 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, near East CR 750N, North Webster. Driver: Devan L. Morton, 25, First Street, South Whitley. Morton was traveling near CR 750N. She did not see the stop sign and her vehicle left the roadway and hit a landscaping rock and tree. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:47 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, West U.S. 30 and Silveus Crossing. Drivers: Mary J. McGrail, 67, Clermont Boulevard, Powell, Ohio, and Henrique C. Meca Pereira, 22, Lutes Drive, Warsaw. McGrail was traveling east on West U.S. 30 near Silveus Crossing. She became distracted and her vehicle hit Meca Pereira’s vehicle. McGrail had a minor injury on her wrist. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:06 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, 2211 E. Center St., Warsaw. Drivers: Kaylee M. Edwards, Market Street D, 27, Nappanee, and Mason A. Herendeen, 18, Walnut Drive, Warsaw. Edwards was parking her vehicle and her vehicle hit Herendeen’s. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:31 p.m. Monday, Sept 21, 1160 Executive Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Luke M. Chidester, 44, Boardwalk Circle, Fort Wayne, and William E. Helblig, 58, Brook Boulevard, Warsaw. Chidester was backing his vehicle up at a gas station and backed into Helblig’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:56 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, Huntington Street, Syracuse. Driver: Gregory E. Scott, 34, Joseph Court, Milford. The vehicle was parked outside of the garage bay at Turkey Creek Fire Station #1 and had the light tower on top of the ambulance extended in an upright position. Scott attempted to back the ambulance into the garage bay, not realizing that the light tower was still up. The light tower made contact with the building, resulting in damage to the building and to the light tower. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office invstigated the following accidents:
- 3:03 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, SR 25 and CR 500E, Rochester. Driver: Gregory A. Martin, 62, Rochester. Martin drove his vehicle through the barricades and struck a pipe.
- 5:42 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, CR 800W and CR 850S, Kewanna. Driver: Michael F. Wiese, 69, Kewanna. Hit deer.
- 8:32 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, CR 550S and CR 1000W, Kewanna. Driver: Katherine Downing, no other information. Hit deer.
- 8:04 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20, CR 950S, west of SR 17. Driver: Justin Collins, 45, Logansport. Hit deer.
- 11:13 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 19, CR 750S and Lost Trail Lane, Macey. Driver: Joanne M. Mickley, 48, Huntington. Hit deer.
- 9:52 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 19, North Mishawaka Street and East Walnut Street, Akron. Driver: Raygan D. Blosser, 17, Warsaw. Blosser’s vehicle struck a fire hydrant.
- 3:40 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18, Old US 31 and CR 375N, Rochester. Drivers: Adam R. Hisey, 35, Rochester and Michael C. Brown, 47, Rochester. Hisey’s and Brown’s vehicles collided.
- 12:34 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18, SR 19 and SR 14. Driver: Mary S. Winters, 76, Akron. Winters reported another vehicle backed into her vehicle while at the stop area.
- 10:23 a.m. Friday, Sept. 18, CR 300N and CR 800E, Akron. Driver: Whitney J. Dice, 17, Rochester. Dice’s vehicle went off the road and struck a fence.