Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:19 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 9, East CR 300N, west of CR 100E, Warsaw. Driver: Amanda Ponko, 28, CR 350N, Warsaw. Ponko told officers that a red Dodge pickup crossed into her lane of travel. Ponko swerved her vehicle off the roadway to avoid a collision and struck a mailbox. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:50 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8, East CR 1300N, west of Kern Road, Syracuse. Drivers: Tommie Atwood, 67, Main Street, Syracuse; and Alan Annis, 33, CR 600W, Ligonier. Atwood’s vehicle crossed the center line and struck Annis’ vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:43 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6, South CR 300E, north of CR 800S, Warsaw. Driver: Caleb Peconga, 18, CR 700S, Claypool. Peconga swerved his vehicle to avoid hitting an animal. Peconga’s vehicle left the roadway, overturned multiple times and came to a rest on its top. Peconga complained of back pain and was transported for his injuries. Damage up to $25,000.
- 8:47 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6, East CR 900N, east of SR 13, Syracuse. Driver: Kristine Beans, 22, Oregon Avenue, Elkhart. Beans’ vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $1,000.
- 12:29 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6, South County Farm Road, south of East CR 350S, Warsaw. Driver: Jeremiah Rosen, 17, CR 200W, North Manchester. Rosen lost control of his vehicle while driving around a curve. The vehicle exited the roadway and struck a utility pole. Rosen was transported to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital for his injuries. Damage up to $25,000.
- 12:32 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4, East SR 14 and South Packerton Road, North Manchester. Drivers: Clifford Blocher, 91, Fourth Street, North Manchester; and Brittany Welch, 33, Woodmere Drive, New Haven. Welch told officers that Blocher’s vehicle entered the intersection, striking Welch’s vehicle. Welch’s vehicle left the roadway and came to rest on its side. Blocher left the scene but later went to North Manchester Police Department to report the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:36 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 2, South Packerton Road and SR 14, Silver Lake. Drivers: Moyotl Velazquez, 57, Armstrong Road, Leesburg; and Tereso Ortiz, Second Street, Servia. While stopped at an intersection, Velazquez started to back up his vehicle to go around a stopped vehicle in front of him. While backing up, Velazquez’s vehicle struck Ortiz’s vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:52 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8, South Harkless Drive, north of Huntington Street, Syracuse. Driver: Ethan Hibbs, 18, Himes Street, North Webster. Hibb’s vehicle left the roadway, striking a fire hydrant and a light pole. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:21 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8, US 30 and Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Lucjan Kiejkowski, 59, Webster Lane, Des Plaines, Ill.; and Ryan Kahler, 62, Fifth Street, Milford. Kiejkowski’s vehicle rear-ended Kahler’s vehicle when Kahler began to brake as the traffic light changed to yellow. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:45 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6, North Detroit Street, south of Gilliam Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Tyler Myers, 19, CR 21, Bristol; and Lisa Secrist, 49, CR 1000W, Mentone. Myers’ vehicle hydroplaned, causing his vehicle to rear-end Secrist’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:22 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8, Boys City Drive, east of Park Avenue, Winona Lake. Drivers: Shawn Mason, 29, Park Avenue, Winona Lake; and Miriam Liethen, 37, Mill Street, Cleves, Ohio. While turning out of an alleyway, Mason’s vehicle struck Liethen’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.