GOSHEN — “This week, things have remained fairly stable with respect to COVID-19 numbers. This is encouraging because children have been back in school for a couple of weeks and we haven’t seen a big increase in the number of positive cases,” said Dr. Dan Nafziger, Goshen Hospital Chief Medical Officer and Infectious Disease Specialist.
“This implies that our precautions of wearing masks, physical distancing and staying home when sick are having the desired effect. We appreciate the community’s staying the course and following the precautions.”
Below is COVID-19 activity for Goshen Health as of Sept. 8, going back to March 11.
- 13,825 tests completed up 725 from Aug. 31.
- 1,696 positive test results (overall positivity rate of 12.5%) up 80 from Aug. 31
- 11,905 negative test results up 641 from Aug. 31
- 165 outstanding test results up 3 from Aug. 31
- 252 hospital admissions, up 15 from Aug. 31
- 243 hospital discharges Up 12 from Aug. 31
- 28 confirmed COVID-19 positive related mortalities an increase of one since Aug. 31.