Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:29 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, North SR 13, north of East CR 200N, Pierceton. Drivers: Roni Newsome, 18, CR 400W, Warsaw; and Charles Hess, 56, Tippecanoe Drive, Warsaw. Newsome’s vehicle rear-ended Hess’ vehicle, which was stopped for traffic in a construction zone. A passenger of Hess’ vehicle, Joyce Light, 56, Warsaw, was transported for medical attention. Damage up to $10,000.
- 12:43 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, South CR 100E, north of East CR 900S, Claypool. Driver: Scott Smith, 31, Lake Sharon Road, Warsaw. Smith’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole. Smith walked away from the accident and was located down the road. He admitted to officers that he had stolen the vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:03 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, North CR 650E and East CR 200N, North Webster. Drivers: James Reiff, 40, CR 600E, Warsaw; and Elmo Portee, age and address not included. Reiff drove his vehicle into the intersection, striking Portee’s vehicle. Portee was transported for medical attention after complaining of pain. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:43 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, West Center Street and North Union Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Wilmar Hernandez-Rosales, 48, Union Street, Warsaw and Christopher Maron, 25, First Street, Pierceton. There was a language barrier involved when officers spoke with Hernandez-Rosales. At first, Hernandez-Rosales stated he was driving the vehicle but then later said he was not driving or even inside the vehicle. A witness confirmed that Hernandez-Rosales was in the driver’s seat at the time of the accident. The witness saw Hernandez-Rosales disregard the stop sign and continue into the intersection, striking Maron’s vehicle. Hernandez-Rosales was arrested for an OWI investigation. Maron could not remember anything that happened prior to the accident. Maron was transported to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital for injuries. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:46 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, US 30, east of Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Matthew Ogan, 47, Catherine Street, Milford; and Tammy Cusick, 55, Eastwood Road, Winona Lake. Ogan’s vehicle rear-ended Cusick’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.