Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:45 p.m. Monday, Aug. 31, East Armstrong Road, east of EMS T14 Lane, Leesburg. Drivers: James Kern, 29, Main Street, Milford; and Toniann Dudley, 78, Sugar Hills Drive, Greenfield. Kern’s vehicle rear-ended Dudley’s vehicle. Kern’s vehicle then went off the roadway and struck a tree. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 31, South SR 25, west of CR 600W, Mentone. Driver: Jami Curtis, 40, Meridian Road, Peru. Curtis’ vehicle left the roadway, struck a sign and came to rest in a steep ditch. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:45 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, North SR 13, north of CR 650E, Syracuse. Driver: Michael Sanmiguel, 26, Lincolnway, Ligonier. Sanmiguel’s vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 7:26 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, West US 30 and North CR 800W, Warsaw. Drivers: Juan Santos Diaz, 20, Harrison Street, Elkhart; and Todd Mayek, 44, Brookside Drive, Hales Corners, Wis. Santos Diaz pulled out in front of Mayek’s vehicle on US 30. Santos Diaz’s vehicle struck Mayek’s vehicle, causing Mayek’s vehicle to overturn onto its passenger side. Mayek and two passengers from his vehicle, Lourdes Mayek, 55, and Josiah Mayek, 9, were transported for medical treatment. One passenger from Santos Diaz’s vehicle, Deniz Gonzalez, 21, was also transported for medical attention. It was noted that Santos Diaz did not have a driver’s license. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:44 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28, East US 30 and South CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Ashley Florence, 29, High Street, Cridersville, Ohio; and Michael Creighton, 76, Parent Drive, Warsaw. Florence’s vehicle rear-ended Creighton’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:37 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, East Mill Street, south of US 30, Pierceton. Driver: Mary Goldwood, 62, CR 700W, Larwill. Goldwood’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole. Damage up to $2,500.
- 9:07 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 26, North SR 19, south of Anglin Road, Etna Green. Driver: Rutger Weigel, 23, Main Street, Knox. While driving, Weigel’s tow hitch failed on his vehicle, causing the trailer to come loose. The trailer left the roadway and struck a mailbox and utility pole. Damage up to $5,000.