Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 10:42 p.m. Monday, Aug. 31, West Old Road 30, west of South CR 875W, Etna Green. Driver: James White, 78, Corly Lane, Silver Lake. White’s vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, East CR 1200N and East Bowser Road, Syracuse. Unknown driver. A witness located an unoccupied vehicle. Law enforcement found that a vehicle had been traveling east on CR 1200M, approaching the curb. It appeared that the vehicle crossed the centerline, left the north side of the roadway and collided with a tree. No driver was located but the vehicle is registered to Aaron Edwards, Syracuse. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, North Elm Grove Drive, south of East Yoland Road, Syracuse. Driver: Beth Reich, 65, Elm Grove Drive, Syracuse. Reich’s vehicle backed up into a parked vehicle registered to Cynthia Brown. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:19 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, Hepler Drive, south of Crescent Drive, Warsaw. Driver: William Moore, 40, Hepler Drive, Warsaw. Moore’s vehicle struck a parked vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
- 5:08 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, E. Barrington Place and North Lancaster Court, Warsaw. Driver: Wendy Harges, 46, Barrington Place, Warsaw. While Harges was driving on the roadway, a tree fell onto her vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:16 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, East CR 1100N and North CR 250E, Milford. Drivers: Michael Bailey, 52, Hoss Hill Road, North Webster; and Danil Valentinovitch, 29, Camp Mack Road, Milford. Bailey began to drive his vehicle through the intersection when it was struck by Valentinovitch’s vehicle. Bailey told officers that his vision was obscured due to high corn stalks in the field. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 11:52 a.m. Monday, Aug. 31, SR 15 and East Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Elijah Smith, 21, Damron Drive, North Manchester; and Rodney Ziemek, 51, SR 14, Akron. Smith’s vehicle rear-ended Ziemek’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:42 a.m. Monday, Aug. 31, North Harrison Street and East Center Street, Warsaw. Thomas Heuer, 76, Island View Drive, Warsaw; and Katina Salyer, 48, Rochester Street, Akron. Heuer attempted to switch lanes and his vehicle struck Sayler’s vehicle which was already in the lane he intended to enter. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 9:04 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, CR 42 (CR 800S) and County Line Road (CR 1200W). Drivers: Michael Miller, 18, Millersburg; and Jeremy Hire, 27, Ligonier. Injured: Miller suffered an abrasion on the face and neck, a passenger, Lynette Eash, 18, Topeka, suffered an abrasion to the head. Miller was taken to Goshen Hospital, Eash was taken to Parkview Fort Wayne. Also injured, but declining medical treatment, was Hire and a passenger, Terrence Gangwer, 30, Ligonier, complained of pain to the side and Evelyn Beers, 11, Ligonier, who complained of pain to the side and wrist. Police report Miller was operating a horse-and-buggy and failed to stop at the stop sign causing Hire’s vehicle to hit the buggy. Miller was cited for disregarding a stop sign.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:57 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, US 31 and Olson Road, Rochester. Driver: Desiderio Lopez, no other information available. Hit deer.
- 5:59 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, Sweetgum Road, Rochester. Driver: Diana L. McGriff, 64, Rochester. McGriff backed a vehicle out of a garage and struck another vehicle.
- 2:43 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, CR 800W, Delong. Drivers: Emily S. Scarborough, 75, Culver; and Rickey L. Clingler, 64, Delong. The two vehicles collided.
- 12:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, West Olson Road, Rochester. Driver: Jonathon P. Ulery, 49, Culver. Hit deer.
- 1:39 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, Division Road and CR 1075E, Akron. Driver: Shelbie R. Risner, 19, Rochester. Risner lost control of her vehicle which partially rolled over. Risner was extricated from the vehicle. No further information.