GOSHEN — “Spread of this virus is still at a higher level than is good for our community. I am pleased the number of patients being admitted to the hospital is a little lower. However, if we want our children to go to school in person, we need to more consistently wear masks when out of our homes and indoors,” said Dr. Dan Nafziger, Goshen Hospital Chief Medical Officer and Infectious Disease Specialist. “When you are not able to maintain physical distance, please wear a mask. Avoiding large group settings indoors is still wise.”
Below is COVID-19 activity for Goshen Health as of Aug. 31, going back to March 11.
- 13,100 tests completed, up 586 from Aug. 24.
- 1,616 positive test results (overall positivity rate of 12.5%), up 44 from Aug. 24.
- 11,264 negative test results, up 551 from Aug. 24
- 162 outstanding test results, down 11 from Aug. 24.
- 237 hospital admissions, up seven from Aug. 24
- 231 hospital discharges, up 12 from Aug. 24
- 27 confirmed COVID-19 positive related mortalities, an increase of one from Aug. 24.